What CPU are you running under the hood?

LOL i have the least used one only other has less damn and i like my Duron hehe it works good for bein a few years old and runs great on XP compared to the ME it came with lol

amd rarely work that well with winME i found... only AMD type cpu that ive found to work well with WinME is the k6/2 - various ppl i know with athlons and durons had loads of trouble with winME and went to win2k or win98. 2 mates with athlons are now runnin XP with no problems :)

Originally posted by Grinder
LOL, thats odd, a fried AMD...ffs :rolleyes:

get 2 of them back to back and you got a George Foreman grill.

LMFAO!!!

amd 1.4s were gits to cool down :/ ya need a freezer box to cool em half way to enough...

I've been running an 1.2 Ghz Athlon now for about 8 months. It ran a little hot when I first got it. Had to add a monster fan but the thing runs beautifully! Stable as a rock.

tulatin celeron. thank god for powerleap. went from p3 500 to a 1.4GHz, all without having to get a new comptuer. woohoo!! go 1999 technology!!

yo amd athlon 900mhz hopefully to amd athlon xp 2100+ soon :) and also.....p2 450mhz and pentium-mmx 233mhz (lol thats my fav)

Originally posted by kc7sbf
I have five "Pentium Class" computers at my house. Three of them are Dells (one PII 450, one PIII 450 laptop, and one P4 1.5Ghz.) I also have a slow Compaq DeskPro 4000 Pentium MMX 166Mhz, and a home-built Celeron 850Mhz. Majority rules, so I voted Pentium.

I've never owned a computer that didn't have an Intel CPU.

Same here m8, infact I started out with an Intel DX4 100, then Pentium P166MMX, Pentium Pro 200, Pentium2 400, Pentium2 550, Pentium3 733 and what I have now Pentium3 1Ghz :)

I've never had a chip burn out on me and I havent had any system instability, and yes I have overclocked i remember the PentiumII 550 was esp. good at that.

Im not saying that AMDs are the opposite to any of this, its just my xp-erience ;)

um, if you think about it, the pentiums run hotter, especially the p4s, the heat sink has to be attached to the motherboard in a big socket attachment, the socket 462s have a little clip style john

one XP1900+, one XP1700+ both unlocked

One 1.2 TBird unlocked , One Athlon Classic 800 with a 950 core (resoldered) running at 1 gig. The rest close to max out .

Most bang for the bucks= AMD

Last Intel Celery 300A @ 450. :):)

Unlocked AMD Athlon Thunderbird 800mhz @ 900mhz
Can get it to run @ 1000mhz but then the thing crashes when gaming. 'Normal' apps no prob.

Originally posted by wyrlwyn
um, if you think about it, the pentiums run hotter, especially the p4s

and how do you figure that out?
have you seen this site and its corresponding video?

http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/01q3/010917/index.html

athlons run much hotter than pentiums, hence the need for huge fans and heatsinks. if you remember back to pentiums and celerons in particular which go into a slot1 board with a slocket, they have a plastic bar which u fix to the mobo below the hsf and it stops the weight from the hsf from bending anything on the mobo (like the cpu slot away from the mobo etc). i think the plastic grid around the p4 is for the same reasons, to avoid putting excess weight on the cpu. i think if it was for temperature reasons, they're using the wrong material as plastic is a lot more of an insulator than metal or copper.

Originally posted by Lukas
Unlocked AMD Athlon Thunderbird 800mhz @ 900mhz
Can get it to run @ 1000mhz but then the thing crashes when gaming. 'Normal' apps no prob.

take the side off your case and get a 9" deskfan next to it blowing loads of cold air in ;)

im using a splendid P3 850mhz processor, i has served me well.:D :p

But INTEL is planning to introduce those ANTI-piracy things into its Processors next year, so i will be going AMD from now on..:D :rolleyes:

What is funny si if the poll had been taken 3 years ago it would have read:

Intel 96%
AMD 3
Others .6
Error .1

:):)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back