What could this be?

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political Access

It sure is a big file and I would like to delete it :) any thoughts as to what it is?

tmp.. its a temporary file. Found the below from a quick google search of tmp file:

"Temporary files are used for a wide variety of tasks. They are usually deleted after their purpose is served but circumstances sometimes cause them to be retained. It's tricky determining if you can delete the file or not since some programs may hide critical data within a .TMP file (not a good programming practice if you're a programmer reading this!)."

Basicly it is hard to tell where the file came from. I would delete it, but leave it in your recycle bin for a few days to make sure it isnt a needed tmp file. Chanaces are it isn't, but its better to be safe.

Ill just delete it :D I am just wondering what app could make an 8gig file...and me not know about it

Its done...everything seems ok, for now...

When I deleted it a truck drove by on the freeway with its jake brake on and I thought the noise was my hdd :p ok, sorry its still early :s

early its almost 11 when you poseted that :).. almost 11 means almost lunch time.

it was 7ish when I posted that :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back