What Cellphone company are you loyal to?

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Either 58% of the people polled are complete idiots.
or the poll is rigged.
I don't think you can be loyal to a cellphone company that has only made... one phone.
I'm also kinda thinking that only Apple people saw this poll.
I know that 58% of america doesn't own an Iphone.

Poll found here:
http://nl.com.com/view_online_newsletter.jsp?list_id=e497

Attachments

• IdiotPoll.jpg
    IdiotPoll.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 159
Now that is funny. Really funny.

Yeah, it is funny :p
I picked other.
I'd go with HTC probably.

WTF? Gotta be rigged or at least people just voting without owning the iPhone.

Every since I bought my Treo I love Palm so that would be my vote, with Motorola second as Phone Tools is the best phone interface software available.

It has to be, but I have to still gripe, that Apple cant even be on the list, given their one attempt at a cell-phone.

It has to be, but I have to still gripe, that Apple cant even be on the list, given their one attempt at a cell-phone.

I agree, most of those companies have been in the cell phone business for a number of years. Apple just started so they shouldn't be there yet.

Loyalty to any corporate entity is laughable if you aren't employed directly by them, and questionable in any other circumstance.

But if Steve Jobs said that the sky was green, the iCult would support his statement in every flamewar.

What's wrong with just saying "I like this item and I will buy it", instead of "I will start holy wars in defense of this lifeless and soon obsolete piece of electronics"?

A lot of us used to argue for or against companies on this very board a few years ago, then we all grew up and opened our eyes.

Last edited:
Loyalty to any corporate entity is laughable if you aren't employed directly by them, and questionable in any other circumstance.

But if Steve Jobs said that the sky was green, the iCult would support his statement in every flamewar.

What's wrong with just saying "I like this item and I will buy it", instead of "I will start holy wars in defense of this lifeless and soon obsolete piece of electronics"?

A lot of us used to argue for or against companies on this very board a few years ago, then we all grew up and opened our eyes.
Well i won't argue for companies.
But I will always Hate Apple.

Well i won't argue for companies.
But I will always Hate Apple.

Well, that's true. "Against" is ok if the company has crappy business practices, such as forcing you to install iTunes or 3rd-party hacks just so you can play an MP3 on their severely overpriced player.

What cellphone company am I loyal to? None, really.

I previously had a Symbian-based Nokia smartphone. I currently have two Windows Mobile devices - a HTC Wizard (T-Mobile MDA) and a Palm (Sprint) 700wx. My next phone could be anything. Depends on what's out in the market when I decide to upgrade next.

The one with the best pricing and service where I need it. That should be an easy one. But loyal, not a chance. My contractual agreement expired long ago. I would change providers in a flash for savings with comparable service.

whoever has the features I want when I'm in the market for a phone. Last time around it was Sony Ericsson, this time it was Nokia.

im confused here ..is this asking for a Cellphone Brand? Or a Cellphone Provider?

I started with ATT Wireless a few years back and picked up this killer rate plan (Charter Unlimited). Att (before cingular merger) was KICK ASS with help, support, whatever with customer service. I got 30% off equipment, 10%more minutes, 10% off the bill

Now they suck ballz and the only reason i still use Cingular with a Blue Sim is because of my grandfathered rate plan. They have called, sent letters, changed my plan without me knowing, ect ect ...and i wont give it up ..nor will I ever give it up... 60 years from now ill still have that rateplan.

what does it cost? Unlimited Airtime, Unlmited txt, mms, 3g internet. 89 bucks a month. So i deal with the headache for the rateplan ..wouldnt yall? At the time i signed up for the plan ..i could have added 5 lines of service for 10 bucks each or something .... can you imagine if i had 6 phones on this unlmited plan? id lease the rateplans to people haha.

Doh, the title suggested to me at least that this was a poll about providers, not cell phone manufactures. As for phone makers I have no loyalty really. :(

that is a pretty bogus poll even if you discount the apple position. honestly do people like motorola? imo the top brands are probably Nokia, Ericsson, Samsung and HTC in no particular order.

A friend and I are looking at the 8525 right now.
He tried to get one on ebay.
We lost by 5 bucks, go figure.

Vanquished, what is it that you hate about Apple? Now don't go on a crazed post about your hate. I really wanna know as in a list. Be it product, service, proprietary, or customer service/support. Just because you sound really adamant about it.

Oh and I was a very loyal Motorola user for over 10 years. I had one of their first Flip Phones. Then my ex wife lost it and I got another (I still have it and it's digital), 2 Startac phones, 1 Microtac and a T710. Them I went LG.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back