What Cellphone company are you loyal to?

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
WTF? Gotta be rigged or at least people just voting without owning the iPhone.

Every since I bought my Treo I love Palm so that would be my vote, with Motorola second as Phone Tools is the best phone interface software available.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
It has to be, but I have to still gripe, that Apple cant even be on the list, given their one attempt at a cell-phone.

Loyalty to any corporate entity is laughable if you aren't employed directly by them, and questionable in any other circumstance.

But if Steve Jobs said that the sky was green, the iCult would support his statement in every flamewar.

What's wrong with just saying "I like this item and I will buy it", instead of "I will start holy wars in defense of this lifeless and soon obsolete piece of electronics"?

A lot of us used to argue for or against companies on this very board a few years ago, then we all grew up and opened our eyes.

Last edited:

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Loyalty to any corporate entity is laughable if you aren't employed directly by them, and questionable in any other circumstance.

But if Steve Jobs said that the sky was green, the iCult would support his statement in every flamewar.

What's wrong with just saying "I like this item and I will buy it", instead of "I will start holy wars in defense of this lifeless and soon obsolete piece of electronics"?

A lot of us used to argue for or against companies on this very board a few years ago, then we all grew up and opened our eyes.
Well i won't argue for companies.
But I will always Hate Apple.

Well i won't argue for companies.
But I will always Hate Apple.
Well, that's true. "Against" is ok if the company has crappy business practices, such as forcing you to install iTunes or 3rd-party hacks just so you can play an MP3 on their severely overpriced player.

What cellphone company am I loyal to? None, really.

I previously had a Symbian-based Nokia smartphone. I currently have two Windows Mobile devices - a HTC Wizard (T-Mobile MDA) and a Palm (Sprint) 700wx. My next phone could be anything. Depends on what's out in the market when I decide to upgrade next.

The one with the best pricing and service where I need it. That should be an easy one. But loyal, not a chance. My contractual agreement expired long ago. I would change providers in a flash for savings with comparable service.

whoever has the features I want when I'm in the market for a phone. Last time around it was Sony Ericsson, this time it was Nokia.

trainmaster77

OSNN Senior Addict
Political User
im confused here ..is this asking for a Cellphone Brand? Or a Cellphone Provider?

I started with ATT Wireless a few years back and picked up this killer rate plan (Charter Unlimited). Att (before cingular merger) was KICK ASS with help, support, whatever with customer service. I got 30% off equipment, 10%more minutes, 10% off the bill

Now they suck ballz and the only reason i still use Cingular with a Blue Sim is because of my grandfathered rate plan. They have called, sent letters, changed my plan without me knowing, ect ect ...and i wont give it up ..nor will I ever give it up... 60 years from now ill still have that rateplan.

what does it cost? Unlimited Airtime, Unlmited txt, mms, 3g internet. 89 bucks a month. So i deal with the headache for the rateplan ..wouldnt yall? At the time i signed up for the plan ..i could have added 5 lines of service for 10 bucks each or something .... can you imagine if i had 6 phones on this unlmited plan? id lease the rateplans to people haha.

Xie

- geek -
Doh, the title suggested to me at least that this was a poll about providers, not cell phone manufactures. As for phone makers I have no loyalty really. :(

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
that is a pretty bogus poll even if you discount the apple position. honestly do people like motorola? imo the top brands are probably Nokia, Ericsson, Samsung and HTC in no particular order.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Vanquished, what is it that you hate about Apple? Now don't go on a crazed post about your hate. I really wanna know as in a list. Be it product, service, proprietary, or customer service/support. Just because you sound really adamant about it.

Oh and I was a very loyal Motorola user for over 10 years. I had one of their first Flip Phones. Then my ex wife lost it and I got another (I still have it and it's digital), 2 Startac phones, 1 Microtac and a T710. Them I went LG.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel