• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What causes a power supply to blow up?

I

Ice-Freezer

power surge
bad outlets
using 110 watts in a 230 watts outlet or reverse
short curcuits
psu wires stuffing up
and many other things :)

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Or you can be like me and just get a bad one right out of the box that blows up, shoots sparks, and scares the piss out of ya! :)

Kush

High On Life!
see

Originally posted by Maveric169
Or you can be like me and just get a bad one right out of the box that blows up, shoots sparks, and scares the piss out of ya! :)
see urs didnt like u coming out of the box:p did u handle it without love? of did u call it any names?:D

P

PseudoKiller

I think, now dont quote me, but if you were to pour water on your psu it can cause it to do nasty things.

Another tip from Your Friendly Neighborhood [PseudoKiller]

large quantities of water, and also screwdrivers shoved in some of the holes doesnt help

Not sure on this, but dust clogging the air intake would lead to a v hot PSU which could cause failure

X

XP Abuser

i open up my psu and clean the thing out trust me a favourite retreat for dust-bunnys

P

PseudoKiller

HEY dust bunnies are cute and fuzzy... they keep your system warm so that it dosent get the chills at night.

X

XP Abuser

they also s**t on the COMPONENTS and in mating season which is just around the corner they start to mulitiply

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political User
Originally posted by XP Abuser
they also s**t on the COMPONENTS and in mating season which is just around the corner they start to mulitiply
mine havin been goin @ it like crazy.....really need 2 boot em out:p

P

PseudoKiller

Re: i think

Originally posted by themafia_69
I think he meant competants or components:)
SEE !!! even you didnt know... I thought you knew everything... or at least you act as if you do.. <hehe>

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge