What Car?

ZeroHour

ho3 ho3 ho3
Trying to decide on what car to get next.
I have tried a BMW 1 series and it has alot of nice features but bloody expensive.
Anyone else got any ideas?
Not wanting something slow. Civic Type-r is nice but it dont have all the features of the 1 series.
Hmm

Budget, type of car you are looking for, any practical needs, how much mpg are you wanting etc? Give us more detail man!

Hmm
Really I just want a smart car.
I can spend really up to £22k
No real requirements but Fuel Eco would be nice but it usually means crap speed.
Hmm

an evo :D

dunno what the cost is there but over here its within the price-range... gas mileage goes down though :(

the civic will give you good mileage I reckon... the US models are all ULEVs and therefore have high mileage per gallon/litre...

ULEV == ultra low emmission vehicle (california invention IIRC thats taking over the us... )

The Type-R aint so good at around 30 mpg.
Hmm
So hard to decide. The lower RX-8 is also in that rang but its between 20-25 mpg :(

Evo isn't a bad option, you could pick up a VI or VII for about £20k - £24k.

I'll tell you what though... good ol' Veedub Corrado. Get a G60, spend a couple of grand on performance mods and a respray and you've got a decent car for a quarter of the price of any of those. Or just jump in and go for a VR6, you won't be let down!

Hmm if you dont like the MG ZR's - which will be below you price so you will have a few grand left for modifications what about 'Seat' some of the new ones are very very nifty but not the best looking.

how much is a tourag over there? v6 or a passat v6, just make sure u get somthin german if u can!

What Mafia said - VW (and just about any other German car) take my preference over almost anything else on the road, undeniable reliability, not overly expensive, and well worth the money.

But the brummy has a good idea - the Leon Cupra is a very nice bit of a kit, not too costly, and have some very nice features. Their engine is powerful, yet economical, they look good and they keep their value reasonably well.

New Golf 2.0 (150PS) FSI GT 0-60 in 8.9 Secs (Ok not THAT fast)
38.2 MPG (Not bad for a 2 litre!!)
£19,995

Or

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 FSi Sport 5dr £19,820 Almost identical stats to the Golf!

Attachments

• A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 96
Get a nice Boxster 2.7 for around that kinda price if your looking at second hand. Looking at getting an S myself second half of next year, navy or purple will do nicely.

nissan maxima is like half the price he said he can spend

Wanted a TVR Tuscan-s, but now they have been bought out by the russians, not really want one anymore :p

Really love my pug 306 dt, been looking at the 407, but am happy with the performance this gives me and the amount of diesel it uses (fill up once a month)...needs an amp and a sub tho. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back