What can happen?

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
I received a letter from I.C. System INC.
This is because i haven't paid a fee due to ebay of 450 dollars.
I refuse to pay, they charged me for stuff i didnt order, and stuff I did not get.
What can happen as a result of me not paying?

I assume that "I.C. Systems INC." is a collections agency? It will go against your credit and they could take you to court.

I assume that "I.C. Systems INC." is a collections agency? It will go against your credit and they could take you to court.
Hmm
I was worried about that...
I certainly hope they will edit the bill.
I owe 200 tops.
Not the 450 they want...
I told them that.

eBay doesn't charge buyers, only sellers. So the "they charged me for stuff I didn't order" thing isn't going to fly.

You can access your invoices up to the past year online via eBay's Seller Portal last I checked, I suggest you review this area and get your ducks in a row. Which more than likely means you should pay, now.

Thing is though - since it's gone to a collection agency, you more than likely won't be able to pay eBay, you'll have to pay the agency. eBay, like other creditors, typically sells off these accounts and marks it on your Credit report as Charged Off Debt - bad for you indeed.

Actually, I think this creditor is part of ebay.
They said for me to pay Ebay directly.
Also, this isnt because i didnt pay a seller, its seller fees.
Fees that i did not order, or the ones i did Ebay completely ripped me off on.
For instance: They canceled my PS3 listing, which i spent50+ dollars on for no reason. And still charged me the 50 dollars...

If you do not want to pay this I think your only course of action, assuming they are in the wrong in some way, would be to threaten/take legal action of your own. If you think you have a good case then outline this in a letter and see if they back down. One example might be if the costs you are referring are disproportionately large and ebay was skimming off the top. What were they originally charging for?

Actually, I think this creditor is part of ebay.
They said for me to pay Ebay directly.
Also, this isnt because i didnt pay a seller, its seller fees.
Fees that i did not order, or the ones i did Ebay completely ripped me off on.
For instance: They canceled my PS3 listing, which i spent50+ dollars on for no reason. And still charged me the 50 dollars...

OK well then maybe eBay owns or subsidizes to a crediting agency, YMMV on that one :p

I didn't say anything about you not paying a seller, I was going off of your statement where you said...

Vanquished said:
I refuse to pay, they charged me for stuff i didnt order, and stuff I did not get

That would lead anyone to believe you think you are being charged for stuff you ordered or tried to buy, which is why I was trying to clarify.

Depending on the reason they cancelled your PS3 auction, if it was cancelled due to violation of policy, then you have no leg to stand on. Their T.O.S. clearly states that if you violate listing or selling policies, your auctions can be cancelled and you are still responsible for any fees associated with the auction. I would assume these are from some crazy gallery listing, bolded item, featured listing, plus a high starting price which is probably why your total listing fee for that item was around $50 or so.

No offense intended, but you won't win this battle. I would suggest if you have any intent to use eBay ever again, you pay and settle with this. They won't budge - and if you take any type of legal action it will just drive up your cost substantially and you won't have any positive result from it. They will run circles around you, and site their already mentioned T.O.S. and you won't have a case.

They are charging me for the Front Page listing stuff.
Which i might add, never appeared on the front page...
But yeah, there was no listing violations, all the requirements were met.
What im trying to find out is, will they: A) Take me to court or B) Arrest Me.
because frankly, I have no intention of using Ebay or Paypal, Ever again.
They are the biggest scam artists I have ever seen. You have to get your items for free to make any money on ebay, especially since i had to pay the final value fees to ebay and paypal... Which is owned by ebay..

Edit:
Hmm, i wonder if i can hold something to them about them holding 750 dollars of my money unlawfully?

I've already said this before, but in regards to your $750 or some odd bucks they have tied up, you committed fraud by creating more accounts than you are legally allowed to have. I agree, it should have been resolved by now - but I have no way of knowing the details of the case with regards to what you may have done/said about it and what they may have done/said about it.

The front page thing not appearing on the front page - perhaps the auction got cancelled before it had a chance to update? Those listings aren't instantaneous, and it could have just taken time for the update cycle to run on through.

They don't end listings for the heck of it, do you have the message containing the specific reasons as to why it was ended?

As madmatt said - you would not be able to buy/sell on eBay or send/receive payments through paypal if you don't settle this. This will also go negatively on your credit report, and more importantly will make it difficult for you to establish future credit on your own because you will have a mark of "owing money to another bank" on your report. If you have any of that outstanding, most other financial institutions won't touch you.

With all due respect, you are blatantly wrong in this situation. While you may feel you have been wronged, you haven't. They have policies, and you have violated them. If you don't want to pay, you have to live with the consequences.

I've already said this before, but in regards to your $750 or some odd bucks they have tied up, you committed fraud by creating more accounts than you are legally allowed to have. I agree, it should have been resolved by now - but I have no way of knowing the details of the case with regards to what you may have done/said about it and what they may have done/said about it.

The front page thing not appearing on the front page - perhaps the auction got cancelled before it had a chance to update? Those listings aren't instantaneous, and it could have just taken time for the update cycle to run on through.

They don't end listings for the heck of it, do you have the message containing the specific reasons as to why it was ended?

As madmatt said - you would not be able to buy/sell on eBay or send/receive payments through paypal if you don't settle this. This will also go negatively on your credit report, and more importantly will make it difficult for you to establish future credit on your own because you will have a mark of "owing money to another bank" on your report. If you have any of that outstanding, most other financial institutions won't touch you.

With all due respect, you are blatantly wrong in this situation. While you may feel you have been wronged, you haven't. They have policies, and you have violated them. If you don't want to pay, you have to live with the consequences.
Like I said, I don't care bout using ebay again.
My credit will not be hurt that badly over 400 dollars.
And I am not completely wrong here...
They did commit "fraud" of sorts to me, i did not receive any letter as to why it was cancelled. It simply disappeared.
And I did not order half the services they claim such as double listings etc...
I can not prove any of this because my account is blocked.
I have no way of showing what i did.

I beg the differ. If this goes against your credit then it will hurt you for the next seven years. Maybe not for a credit card, but it will if it comes to a new car or a house.

I'm not arguing that it is your fault or eBay's, but your credit report won't know the difference.

I talked to the collectors, it hasnt been reported to credit yet.

Yet... But what happens when you don't pay within 30 days? Like I said, I'm not arguing with you.

I talked to the collectors, it hasnt been reported to credit yet.
You can dispute that with the creditors and Ebay. Dispute the terms under which you believe they are wrong, this will hold the creditors until the dispute is investigated.
To get a creditor off of your case, you have to write a letter stating that the matter is under dispute with Ebay , and to stop contacting you. They have no choice but to comply.

When a collection agency picks up a delinquent account this means they usually have bought the delinquency for maybe 3/4 of the owed amount. Which is why they want you to pay the full amount, if it goes to a second collector this means they have bought the delinqunecy for even less. If Ebay looks at the dispute, they might be willing to settle for a blanket fee....\\\Of course I have never used Ebay so this might go against their written policy. and disputes might not be able to be contested.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back