What browser ya using?

AcftMecH

OSNN Addict
I have tried just about all of them, atleast that I know of; Firefox, Konqueror, Flock, seamonkey and Opera.

I really like FF, but it seems to be acting wierd these days on a few websites. My other top choice is Opera. It is very very fast and doesnt give me a problems on any wepage.

Seamonkey was ok... but just ok. Flock is fast, but doesnt have the greatest GUI and the bookmarks are very wierd.

IE 7 beta and Opera. I E7 for most things and Opera for pages with many scripts and popupus that IE misses.

cool. The bad thing is, didnt MS purchase Opera? Seems like I heard that awhile back. If true, that SUX!

Microsoft did not purchase opera. I still use Firefox as my browser pretty much exclusively, I use Opera for my banking and credit cards because it seems to be much better at remembering passwords for secure sites.

I use Firefox in Windows and Linux, the whole Opera thing was a lie.

j79zlr said:
Microsoft did not purchase opera. I still use Firefox as my browser pretty much exclusively, I use Opera for my banking and credit cards because it seems to be much better at remembering passwords for secure sites.

Thats good to hear. I would hate to see MS mess up a good thing :laugh:

drz01 said:
IE 7 beta and Opera. I E7 for most things and Opera for pages with many scripts and popupus that IE misses.

Eh? This is a Linux forum.

Ffox here - have used Konqueror also, but prefer to have a browser that can go cross platform with no hassle, and I know what you mean about Ffox and weirdness of late - that tends to be noticed by me a deal more under Windoze. Also there can be plugins and such that may help with FireFox, a slightly more lively user community maybe?

Still - might check out Seamonkey sometime.... when I have time for doing nothing useful (which could mean never!)

Mainframeguy said:
Ffox here - have used Konqueror also, but prefer to have a browser that can go cross platform with no hassle, and I know what you mean about Ffox and weirdness of late - that tends to be noticed by me a deal more under Windoze. Also there can be plugins and such that may help with FireFox, a slightly more lively user community maybe?

Still - might check out Seamonkey sometime.... when I have time for doing nothing useful (which could mean never!)
wait...lol this is a linux thread?....lol and we are hearing IE being mentioned?! lmao... this is funny.. but i use Firefox all day... lol nothing else.. :D

If your having problems with Firefox in Linux, it might be becuase you haven't updated it.

I quite liked Firefox on FreeBSD, konquerer I never really liked but it might be better now. Opera when I last tried it wouldn't recognise my /etc/hosts file so I was unable to browse my local sites at all.

Galeon was always my favorite browser on any Linux box I've made. However, Konqueror is arguably the best feature wise as there's few things that browser doesn't do.

Using Opera in SuSe 10. It works great. I've been an Opera user for a couple years now. I've tried Firefox and its better then IE but not set up as well as Opera with its tabs and Feeds bar and its wand. l've asked numerous times about a wand tab for Firefox but all I get is some 3rd party add-on or a keyboard command.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back