What are your comments on the MSI KT333 DDR m/b?

• Thread starter PiCTuREm3RolLin
  • Start date
P

PiCTuREm3RolLin

Yeh i have the kT333 m/b and i was just wondering what your comments were on it, it has excellent reviews. And if any readers on one, if they have any trouble with it?

I don't really like it because the price for what you are getting isn't really worth it...you would be better off getting a decent Asus motherboard for the same price.:eek:

wtf? where the hell did you get the price comparison from?

i bought it last week for 82 dollars flat... you are telling me the asus board is cheaper for the same specs? are you serious?

if the asus with a via chipset is cheaper by any significant margin than and msi and has the same specs I will be very surprised..

I too have the same board.. very stable... very fast... 1 problem so far.. pci slot 2 doesn't seem to like my tv tuner card.. moved it and it works fine...

:) but its a pretty color and its easy to use..

onboard extras are quite nice and driver support is more than adequate..

lol........sucked in joel, i must agree with you. Asus are going down hill. And many tech's from my town belive that too. Also MSI is reviewed as one of the fastest mobo for that price range. Also in $$Aus it is $220 but thats very good arounf here

msi kt3 ultra good board in my opinion
had that board before ......until i broke it transferring it lol:)

got the soyo purely for the color matches case:) runs really good too

Moved to Reviews & Opinions - s00per m00deration techniques...

MdSalih

Useless CNR slot was one reason I passed on it.

Most of the reviews put it around the middle of the KT333 boards in performance which was a bit of a let down compared to the previous 266A chipset model. Bought the A7V333R because of all the features better performance and it's only a few dollars more over the equivalent MSI raid model.

If you wan't a good cheap KT333 board with excellent benchmark reviews then also take a serious look at the Shuttle AK35GT2.
If your interested in onboard raid then consider the raid version of the Shuttle board also as it has the preferred Highpoint controller instead of the promise that the Asus and MSI board has.

pleas bother to look around and check out the overall performance of the kt-3 ultra board

it actually is not a middling board but one of the better performers in tests...

if you disagree I can post results... but seeing as I have done that already in other threads on the same topic I doubt that is necessary... :)

cnr is not a waste btw... some people can use it..

lol... frothymilkyshake... sweet user handle mate lol...

singapore.. man its been so long since I been up there...

(reminiscing)

Originally posted by Sazar
pleas bother to look around and check out the overall performance of the kt-3 ultra board

it actually is not a middling board but one of the better performers in tests...

if you disagree I can post results... but seeing as I have done that already in other threads on the same topic I doubt that is necessary... :)

cnr is not a waste btw... some people can use it..

Excuse me but please bother to have some respect for others opinions without giving the superiority attitude. As it so happens I did bother to look around, i actually spent many weeks reading all i could find on ALL the KT333 boards and obviously we are reading conflicting reviews or IMO you're referring to reviews that do not have enough representation of most of the KT333 boards to form an adequate basis on.
Any board can be made to look good when the review leaves out better boards.

I do disagree with what you've said but then I can allow you your opinion without being insulting about it.

AS for CNR apart from OEM system builders 99.9% of the public would neither know what it's for, have any access to hardware to use in it or even if they did would still use PCI in preference to it because of more options available. IMO of course :)

Rather than get into a you post yours and I will post mine psssing contest let's agree to disagree.

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1636

sorry if you felt I insulted you mate...

here';s the link... with the other boards and the conclusion has the msi board getting a silver award...

THATS what I based my stuff on...

cnr is not required.. I am not going to use it... took me a year to figure out what the hell it stood for :)

but now that I know... I am still not going to use it...

but like i said some people will use it for modems and stuff...

I wanted to get the a7v333 too... but not available at the place I got my board... I read the review I posted a link to above... and said screw it... I'll get the msi...

I respect your opinion and you made a good choice based on what you found as I did and I doubt in the real world the performance difference between any of the current KT333 boards is that noticeable in the real world. I found myself that the selection process was that frustrating over time based on conflicting reviews that I decided the matter on the features list and for me the Asus had everything I wanted.... though I would of preferred the Highpoint controller :( but no boards perfect.

In direct contrast to the link you posted take a look at this one
http://www17.tomshardware.com/mainboard/02q2/020509/index.html

At the end of the day it matters not what any of us think or write as the original poster will make up his/her own mind on what they read (from so called professional reviewers) and what they need and can afford as it should be.

Anyway enough, as long as we're all happy with our decisions it matters not. :)

Sazar thanks I like my user handle too! *lol* BTW are you by any chance ozzie or lived there because you use the term "mate" a lot which I only know Australians do. Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back