What ARE the updates??

Dory

Was LadySunshine
Can someone tell me the purpose of the "security updates"? And why they are sooo critical?? They don't give any explanation but when I go into my add/remove programs theres like a ton of them in there! Whats the reason!

You can go to your add/remove programs applet in control panel to identify the specific hotfix number(s) and then use this list at microsoft to read up on it. Might want to put on a pot of coffee.

LMAO! I will never understand why the heck Microsoft has to have all these updates.... I stopped bothering to download them a long long time ago. I don't see it helping my computer and there are like 15 already in here! :rolleyes:

Well, a lot of them are security related. You have a whole sub-culture out there that seems to have nothing better to do then find weaknesses that they can exploit for whatever reason. The hotfixes are microsoft's 20/20 hindsight. ;) It's a good idea to keep up on them, or get adept at reinstalling your operating system and programs regularly. The hotfixes also address a lot of other issues that just didn't come up on the base test machines when it was being developed. Understandable. There a millions (literally) of variables... it would be impossible to take them all into account during development. I need some more coffee. :D

Originally posted by LadySunshine
LMAO! I will never understand why the heck Microsoft has to have all these updates.... I stopped bothering to download them a long long time ago. I don't see it helping my computer and there are like 15 already in here! :rolleyes:

Well , in IE case , Microsoft does what can to protect you from "outsiders" - > but consider them useful cause really are .

LadySunshine

Are you getting your Updates automatically?

If you turn off the Auto and go via the Windows Updates on the Start Menu - then you can READ the info on each one and select which you want to install

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back