• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What ARE the updates??

Dory

Was LadySunshine
Can someone tell me the purpose of the "security updates"? And why they are sooo critical?? They don't give any explanation but when I go into my add/remove programs theres like a ton of them in there! Whats the reason!

Dory

Was LadySunshine
LMAO! I will never understand why the heck Microsoft has to have all these updates.... I stopped bothering to download them a long long time ago. I don't see it helping my computer and there are like 15 already in here! :rolleyes:

Well, a lot of them are security related. You have a whole sub-culture out there that seems to have nothing better to do then find weaknesses that they can exploit for whatever reason. The hotfixes are microsoft's 20/20 hindsight. ;) It's a good idea to keep up on them, or get adept at reinstalling your operating system and programs regularly. The hotfixes also address a lot of other issues that just didn't come up on the base test machines when it was being developed. Understandable. There a millions (literally) of variables... it would be impossible to take them all into account during development. I need some more coffee. :D

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
Originally posted by LadySunshine
LMAO! I will never understand why the heck Microsoft has to have all these updates.... I stopped bothering to download them a long long time ago. I don't see it helping my computer and there are like 15 already in here! :rolleyes:
Well , in IE case , Microsoft does what can to protect you from "outsiders" - > but consider them useful cause really are .

T

thingy

LadySunshine

Are you getting your Updates automatically?

If you turn off the Auto and go via the Windows Updates on the Start Menu - then you can READ the info on each one and select which you want to install

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies