What are the best games to play and why?

P

petdevils

Hey Guys,

I've only recently gotten a decent puter after having a glorified pocket calculator running a mental version of win 3.1 for the last decade. Point is i wanna play some decent games and i've been out of the loop so long i don't know what's the best? I've got a 1.8 P4 with 512 DDR RAM Geforce 2 MX 400 64 meg and XP Pro on a 56k connection :)(). I tried downloading counter strike i think but it didn't work....is this part of half life or something cause it seemed to want that to run it? These are the things i don't know so if you list a game that needs something else to run, please list that too so i know. Any good sites for warez or links would be good to(don't know if they are allowed here, if not then just ignore my question?)

Mostly looking for doom type games, racing games, games like citizen kabuto (eg have misisons, build things etc), but anthing else that's cool i'm pretty easy.

oh and at Eolis' suggestion can you put a star next to the ones with single player capabilities....... :)

Thanks guys

What kind of games you like?? Counter Strike kinda stuff??
I don't remember Counter Strike needing Half Life, but I could be mistaken......

Half life and addons for it*
Global Operations*
Red Faction*
Delta Force: Land Warrior*
Soldier of Fortune*
Unreal Tournament
Quake III Arena

These are a few of the GOOD online games. I put a star next to the ones with single player capabilities.......

Hope you have a good vid card like:

nVidia Geforce 2 and above (lotsa brands with these chips on them)
ATI Radeon 7500 and above
Matrox G400

High Speed Data connection wouldn't hurt, either....

Hope this helps somewhat.......
:D

*UPDATE* Jsut read your other post about what vid card you got. That's the same as mine. You'll be alright until DOOM III comes out. Then you and I both will be upgrading......

1. GTA3
2. GTA3
3. GTA3

any other game is only there FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Tbird, I got that video from Conan with that dog raggin' the Star Wars fans outside a movie theater. That was GREAT STUFF!!!!!

Eolis

will doom III really make our cards too slow or something, it will work won't it, even if slow?

The first versions of counterstrike required the full install of half life game to run. They released a standalone version of counterstrike game sometime last year.Should be available in all good computer game shops.

Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Soldier of Fortune 2
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

All are good Games and should run with no probs on your system
You should check em out

Hope this helps
:)

I kinda read an article with the ID staff, and it seems to me that the video cards are going to have to be of the newer models (GF3 maybe), I think the Radeon is supposed to work best with the game, but not sure if anything less than an 8500 will work. Screen shots of actual gameplay look like fully rendered stills. Awesome looking. I don't have much hope for my 64mb GF2 MX400 to run it very smoothly, if at all. Worth finding articles and reading up on, if you plan to play it (Who won't?)....

doom.jpg

MUDGUTS,

are these able to play single player or are online games?

Originally posted by mudguts
The first versions of counterstrike required the full install of half life game to run. They released a standalone version of counterstrike game sometime last year.Should be available in all good computer game shops.

Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Soldier of Fortune 2
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

All are good Games and should run with no probs on your system
You should check em out

Hope this helps
:)

Those are single player. sof2 and rtws have internet multi player.. im not suer about metal of honor though.. never played

PetDevils

They all have singleplayer ( training or tuition levels ) as well as multiplayer gamemode.

There are various gamesites that offer free demos and u could possibly try b4 you buy so to speak, that way if u dont like it u lost nothing except a little downloading time. ;)

Star Wars games. It's really that simple. Get them all. NOW! GO!

what games u can play now ? hmm , really serious ..
1. Max Payne
2. Return To Castle Wolfenstein ( very good )
3. Emperor Battle For Dune ( pretty boring )
4. 4x4 Evolution ( pretty nice )

Agreed!

Originally posted by Tbird94sc
1. GTA3
2. GTA3
3. GTA3

any other game is only there FOR ME TO POOP ON!

I FULLY agree... i have only played GTA3 for about 2 hours, and it is VERY Addictive.

Basically GTA3 is a 3rd Person Shooter/Driving Game/Action... VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY ALOT OF GAMING ITES SUCH AS GAMESPY.COM0 AND IGN.COM AND MAGAZINES SUCH AS EGM(Electronic Gaming Monthly)

So go by it already!:D

o_87

you are all insane... counterstrike...is down right the best game... no if and or buts.... (jedi knight 2 is sweeeeeeet also) but cs is the most popular game played in the world. and is for a reason. its the best

Originally posted by Cosmin
what games u can play now ? hmm , really serious ..
1. Max Payne
2. Return To Castle Wolfenstein ( very good )
3. Emperor Battle For Dune ( pretty boring )
4. 4x4 Evolution ( pretty nice )

YEA i forgot about max payne.. that game is one of the best.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back