What are the best drivers to use for the Radeon 9700 pro?

P

psx2000

What are the absolute best drivers for a RADEON 9700 pro?

Im trying to get the best for benchmarking and where can i get them?

Thanks.

Originally posted by psx2000
What are the absolute best drivers for a RADEON 9700 pro?

Im trying to get the best for benchmarking and where can i get them?

Thanks.

right now.. the best would be the revised cat 3.0's that were released yesterday... they seem to be the best overall for me and are as good as the cat 2.5's overall for performance...

Ok im was using the offical ones from ATI and my friends told me some others are better.

Im running direct X 9 will the new Cat 3.0s work good with DX 9?
and where can i get those drivers at?

Originally posted by psx2000
Ok im was using the offical ones from ATI and my friends told me some others are better.

Im running direct X 9 will the new Cat 3.0s work good with DX 9?
and where can i get those drivers at?

the cat 3.0's are the only official whql certified dx 9 drivers out there for a dx9 component...

there are some other sites that have omega drivers but they are not official...

you can download the latest CAT3 (7192) and control panel directly from ATI.. I am using these with DX9 on XP Pro SP1 and it runs very well.. I don't have any benchmarks but overall feel for quality and performance seems better than DX8xx and CAT2.5....

Wierd the new ATI drivers are acting up on me. Everytihng looks ok but when i scroll down on a web page it looks really bad.

Also in the control panels it is set to 1x AGP and i cant move it back to 4.

And im running a really good system to.

1.5 gigs of DDR
P4 2.8 ghz
Radeon 9700 etcetc

Anyone know where i can get the older one or the one before it?

to trouble shoot go to www.rage3d.com

they have good tech people there that can help you out with looking for drivers and what not...

otherwise go to the guru3d website to look for all drivers... they should have a list...

[edit] btw don't forget that you need to have the latest control panel :) [/edit]

if the previous set of drivers was not removed correctly that could be causing your problem.. there's a process to go through that ensures previous driver data is removed and doesn't interfere with new drivers..

How to properly remove ATI drivers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back