what a waste

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
want to see waste of code? (in ie, no such foolishness in firefox)

right click a scroll bar

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
bet they could take that out, fix png and still save space in the overall filesize :p

L

Lee

perris said:
I bet it's still in the seven when longhorn is released
read somewhere that ie 7 will only be available with longhorn.

Some high court judge says that m$ can't allow it as a seperate download.

All that TISWAS about netscape and other browser writers not getting a good cut.

Seen ie 6.05 at techconnect.ws it's horrible.

Hope they do allow us to use ie 7 as a seperate download.

I love ie 6.0.288.1106.xpsp2 etc etc

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
ya, the seven is not going to be a stand alone, I linked to the article in a thread for a petition to correct an issue in ie...check it out

this stand alone rulling will hurt more then it helps us common folk, because as soon as that happens, and microsoft isn't allowed to give away the browser, then the other browsers will start to charge for their browsers, and that will suck

don't forget, we owe free browsers to microsoft, and we will have netscape to blame fir paid browsers when it happens...as soon as they thinki they can btw.

I sure hope the seven is good enough to use without having to pay for mozilla or opera...we'll see.

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
The fact that it won't be available for download won't make any difference to netscape. A lot of people who buy pc's use IE as it comes bundled with the os and they don't know any different.

I agree though, if it wasn't for Microsoft, Netscape would still be a paid for download!

Kevin Ar18

OSNN Senior Addict
perris said:
this stand alone rulling will hurt more then it helps us common folk, because as soon as that happens, and microsoft isn't allowed to give away the browser, then the other browsers will start to charge for their browsers, and that will suck
That won't happen. Mozilla (what Netscape 6/7 is based on) is an open source browser that is available for free.

BTW, here's an interesting bit of informaiton: It is possible that there will not be any more Netscape browsers released. I heard some kind of announcement a while back, but I don't recall if they actually were gonna stop making Netscape or not. Also, there hasn't been any updates to Netscape for many months now. On the other hand, Mozilla and Mozilla based browsers (like Firefox) continue to be updated.

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Kevin Ar18 said:
That won't happen. Mozilla (what Netscape 6/7 is based on) is an open source browser that is available for free.
of course the open source browsers will remain, they will stop supporting them in favor of their newly found cash cow, browsers they can charge for like they did before the microsoft giveaway

64 bit programs coming soon.

all software today will be obsolete as compared to the programs that can take advantage of 64 bit

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks