Well some good news, and some bad

Son Goku

No lover of dogma
Well I guess it will make more sense to give the bad first, so here goes. Earlier today my case temp climbed rather high, aka 37 C, whereas previously it was sitting about 29 C. Temps had inched a bit upwards over the past couple days, but today, well... Well the CPU temp also went up some, and I was starting to see over 50 C.

So I looked into it, and it looked as if the 120 mm fan at the front of the case wasn't spinning anymore.

Anyhow, onto the good. When I was down buying a new fan to quickly swap it out, noticed that Best Buy is having a sale and they're selling 512 MB DIMMs of Corsair XMS memory for the 400 MHz DDR bus for about $69.95 now. Of course, they're out of stock, and it's a wait and see if more comes on the truck. But I might be able to get more then this 512 MB of XMS 2400 (aka 300 MHz DDR bus max) memory swapped out.

I'm running case open at present, though unfortunately it doesn't seem to have gone back exactly to 29 C again, albeit it's gone down some as measured. Dunno...

OK, that explains why temps won't fall as far

The old fan that hadn't appeared to be spinning anymore

http://www.petrastechshop.com/12sukddobabe.html

The new one is rated at

rated .31a
current .32a (max)
speed 2100 rpm +/- 10%
air flow 73.70 cfm

The older fan was a bit stronger at 90 cfm. Still, when one loses the biggest fan in their case, it needs replacing and fast...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back