Well Ladies and Gentlemen... I am in need of some help with a riddle

JSylvia007

OSNN Junior Addict
Ok.. first let me pose this to you:

11011010101100- If you're smart enough to decipher this, then you're smart enough to figure out how to use it on someone.

this is in a friend of mine's personal info... I can't figure it out at all... and I really want to. this is what I have been able to figure out... first of all if anyone cant convert it to decimal, it's 13996. which I still cant come up with. I've tried possible letters on a phone pad, but thats not it... i've also tried ascii code... and using the table on http://www.asciitable.com , and this is what i came up with...

here... 1 means SOH (start of heading), makes more sense as 13, or CR(Carridge return...) next comes 99, which is c, therefore CRC, and finally the 6 means ACK, or acknowlegde, and therefore CRCACK...

But that makes no sense... SO, as usual, I jump to you my friends... any insight would be greatly appreciated! I hope that someone could help me with this :)

~Jake

LOL... i know and right now it's aggrivating... I've been working on it for over an hour now, and he just informed me that simple 8th grade math would figure it out, and i should have figured it out in 5 min... HOW STUPID DO I FEEL!!!

~Jake

Not sure if this is of any help, but...

Binary: 11011010101100

Ternary: 201012101
Quintal: 421441
Octal: 33254
Decimal: 13996
Hexadecimal: 36AC

well, you are assuming that he meant it to be a single number. Maybe they are pairs that are clumped together? So, if you paired them in 2's, then you would have "3122230" I don't know if that is anything, but you never know.

first of all if anyone cant convert it to decimal, it's 13996. which I still cant come up with.

If what you mean is you can't figure out how to convert, then here's a little help...

Code:
1    1    0    1    1    0    1    0    1    0    1   1   0   0 
8192 4096 2048 1024 512  256  128  64   32   16   8   4   2   1

Add these together...
8192 4096 0    1024 512  0    128  0    32   0    8   4   0   0

it equals...

If that's not what you meant, then just ignore me... maybe someone else will find it useful

Originally posted by JSylvia007
11011010101100- If you're smart enough to decipher this, then you're smart enough to figure out how to use it on someone.
It could be a trick question. It means nothing. And if you are smart enough to understand this, you can figure out that it can be used to drive people crazy. Well almost anyway.

Just a thought. :)

Good insight Zed... If i cant get it in a bit, i think i'll just agree with you LOL!!

~Jake
P.S. Thanks for all the input so far

It nearly makes sense when looked at as a musical rhythm (you know long long short) etc or the reverse. This would translate to (nearly) we will rock you be Queen.
Are you sure?
:eek: :) :(

Maybe it's more simple than that.

Might be morse code with 1's as dots and 0's as dashes (or vice versa).

Mubbers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back