Welcome back

D

Dirk Diggler

Just thought I'd say "Welcome back" after the little Easter break? the forum's had :D :D

Any way, hey dealer, I was asking around and apparently your little problem (no Admin without Safe) can be cured by downloading and installing a little programme called "TweakUI".

It does the same as my reg tweak but also gives you ACCESS to the Administrator. :D

welcome back to you too dirk, hope holidays were good to you, also hope you got a chance to see QUEEN MUM one more time...also thanx for this info, when I do it, I'll do a registry comparison, and send you the registry changes for your files. Is your reformat final, or a quickie?

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler
(no Admin without Safe) can be cured by downloading and installing a little programme called "TweakUI".

It does the same as my reg tweak but also gives you ACCESS to the Administrator. :D

Dirk, I have tweak ui...came with power toys...for all I can tell, that plug in is not available...is there another tweak ui?

New to XP-eriencce!

I have to admit this site rocks. The information is outstanding. I'm new here and really glad I found you all. By the way this is where I picked up my Powertoys for WINXP. Nice tool. Thanks again. Glad to be here. Have a great day you all.

Hi dealer,
apparently it has to be "TweakUi XP" from the "XP Power Toys". I can only assume that yours isn't the XP variety.

Hi NetMike68,
we are always happy to help ClickMe :D

hi dirk, btw, I am almost possitive that plugin is not available on any tweak program, you do know everyone has read that other string, surely, if it was available, that would have been pointed out, I think that's another good reason to work this out, if it's possible, as you'd be responsible for all the plug ins that would surely follow, once you made the discovery.:cool:

btw...I hope you noticed you've embarrased me out of my really cool gif

DD - looks like your Welcom Back was over pretty much everyone's head.

On the ball as always eh allan, does anything pass you by:)

dealer is your Winlogon similar to this:-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DefaultDomainName"="(The name you gave the computer)"
"DefaultUserName"="Dirk Diggler"
"ShutdownWithoutLogon"="0"
"System"=""
"cachedlogonscount"="0"
"forceunlocklogon"=dword:00000000
"LogonType"=dword:00000000
"ShowLogonOptions"=dword:00000000
"AltDefaultUserName"="Dirk Diggler"
"AltDefaultDomainName"="(The name you gave the computer)"
"AutoAdminLogon"="1"

I just saved this as a paste...(believe it or not, on that very same document with an infinate cursor)...tonight, I'll check, make the changes, and let you know tomorrow

Hey dealer,
don't make any changes, I'm just trying to get the whole picture, but in bits. Its obviously gonna be a combination of numerous registry entries, so changing just one or two isn't gonna help and could hurt.

P.S.
I noticed a few more of our people surfing these forums. Is there some kind of exodus going on.
:D

too late dirk, but there was only one differance, cached log on count, changed that

now get this....when I was done, there the administrator was again, on my user accounts list, I went in to log on, tried the administrator again, again, I windows said I was not worthy,

AND THEN THE ADMINISTRATOR WAS GONE FROM MY USER ACCOUNTS ! ! !

WE
e should try to meet in chat, and I'll try to send my keys to you there...if so, que hora ?

Hey dealer,
I just downloaded and had a look at TweakUi and I found the area that should enable you to Logon as Admin.
If you untick "Log on automatically..." and have "Administrator" as a user Name, this should give you the option your looking for, at least I think it will.
Photo attached:

ha, I love those one word posts, and I would have left my last be backpost alone, but something occured to me....with what you just posted, I get the same "......account restriction" admonition, so, maybe you can find the registry fujism (a word I just made up) for that account restriction....I'm going to restart now, and get the exact fujism, so you can have a go with it....be right back

ok...this is the exact fujism;

"unable to log on because of an account restriction"

fujism=the same thing as a wild card in poker, it replaces any word that is not available at the moment, or just doesn't exist

Right hopefully this time it will post ! I started this post 20 minutes ago.

You say Account Restrictions, well all restrictions can be removed if you know where to look (I don't, LOL)

Component Services \ Computers \ COM+ Applications \ System Application \ Roles \ Administrator \ Users

What do you see in there?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Component Services \ Services

Fast user switching
Interactive Logon
Secondary Logon

What are these set to?
Local Security Settings \ Local Policies \ Security Options
Local Security Settings \ Local Policies \ User Rights Assignment

Is/are Administrator available/enabled on all logical settings

i'm going to look during lunch...my first hinking is, this'll be hidden in the home version, somehow, and I dought unhiding hidden folders will unhise these, let you know either later, or manana

ok, been there, and done that...in my xp home, in those sevices, there is no such...

Local Security Settings \ Local Policies \ Security Options
Local Security Settings \ Local Policies \ User Rights Assignment

of these items, there is also absolutely no recgnition of even the word administrator

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back