Weird suspend problem

M

meglamaniac

Ok, heres the (rather baffling) deal:
You can suspend XP Professional on my machine
You can resume XP on my machine
You can press suspend for a second time, and then it locks up - just sits there on the "Preparing to enter suspend" screen.

I've tried just about everything I can think of. I've got the latest BIOS revision for my board. I've downloaded every singel windows update (no small task with a 56k modem). I've tried fiddling with the AMP/ACPI options in the BIOS and in windows, and this happens regardless of what suspend mode I use (either suspend to ram or soft off). I've tried removing cards from the machine.

Nothing
will
fix
this
problem!

If anyone can come up with a suggestion, I'd be grateful...

My system:
ECS K7VZA Version 3 (running BIOS revision 3.4) VIA® VT8363/8363A or VT82C686A/B Chipset (manual is not clear on this)
AMD T-Bird 1Ghz not o/c'd, cooling fan rated up to 1.4Ghz
384Mb CAS2 PC100 SDRAM not o/c'd
MSI brand nVidia GeForce3 Ti200 64Mb not o/c'd
Creative SBLive 5.1 digital
Hauppage TV/Radio card
20Gb Seagate HD (primary master)
10Gb Seagate HD (primary slave)
12x Creative DVD (secondary master)
24/10/40 LiteOn CDRW (secondary slave)
Additional fan at rear of system
Operating temps:
CPU: ~40C
Case: ~30C

Nothing is overheating, nothing is overclocked. The system is rock solid - for example it has been up for 12 days now, running all sorts of stuff (games, mp3 rippers, and so on...).
It will hibernate, it will restart, it will shut down, it will log off.
It just wont suspend more than once.

Known issues - Suspend & Hibernation can cause problems and both use resources. I strongly recommend forgetting about both - just set your monitor & Hard Drive to power down after a period of time - you'll accomplish what you want and the system will run better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back