Weird Keyboard problem

Mazspeed

OSNN Addict
Ok, I have Win XP Pro. it seems now that when I'm online for no particular amount of time, the keyboard stops working. It's a good working keyboard when it's working, but for some weird reason it will just stop working. I reboot and it fixes the problem for a while, then it happens again. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Mike

I had this problem too. I usually plugged the keyboard back and restarted
the computer. Never happened again.

Whilst your all on the subject Im gonna jump in. Logitech cordless keyboard, plugged in ok , batteries changed, throws random CapITaL letTErs in THe mIddLE of teXt LikE thaT.But not always.

mutts said:
Whilst your all on the subject Im gonna jump in. Logitech cordless keyboard, plugged in ok , batteries changed, throws random CapITaL letTErs in THe mIddLE of teXt LikE thaT.But not always.

Mutts, I would try the Logitech forums as the chance of people encounter a similar problem is more likely to congregate there. I have the Elite keyboard, but I've only been using it for a few days and no issues to report. If I could offer a piece of advice, I'd say try resynching your devices.

Mazdaspeed, are you maxing out your USB ports? i.e, how many devices do you have hooked up to your computer via USB. There are issues with bandwidth and some people have said Windows will either do strange things when it's reached a bottleneck. If PS2, then consider the possibility of a new keyboard or format and see if it's XP itself that's the problem.

I use the Logitech elite duo combo keyboard and mx700 mouse and have no troubles at all maybe uninstall the drivers and get the latest drivers from logitech and make sure your in secure mode maybe something is interfereing with your hardware

Yeah this keyboard is a Logitech, but it's a corded one. I think it's a cord problem at this point. I beat the hell out of it and it starts working for a sec, then stops again. I think if I beat the hell out of it, it will work again. Yeah it's new keyboard time.

Thanks all
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back