Weird graphical glitches in games

Antallica

w00t
I'm wondering as to why games like Project IGI and Commanche vs. Hokum are goin all funny.

Project IGI: The glock cannot be seen, it's just a hand that looks like it holding something but no gun visible. Also on the movie for the second mission the truck seems to dissapear and come back (flickering) while leaving the man driving.

Commanche vs. Hokum is totally wasted, mostly everything doesn't look like it's supposed to with 2D shapes all over the place. The helecopter has bits missing in it etc.

I suspect either lack of XP/NT support for these games or my nVidia Detonator drivers.

Anyone got the same problem or solution?

Cheers, Antz

what detonators are you running , IGI runs fine on my XP box.

Have you run directX diags ?

So far it has occured in all detonators, makes no difference at all what ones I use.

DirectX Diags? Please explain

www.microsoft.com/directx

he means direct x. have you ran the tests and see if the drivers, including system drivers are good. directx 8.1 is included with xp. go to start menu, run, and type in dxdiag

All tests ran fine, no problems. Not sure what it is really, mabye just my crud Geforce. Very strange.

I'm also having a strange problem with Project IGI, I can't get a mouse cursor in the menu's or crosshair within the game.

Ever tried shooting without knowing where ? Makes the game damned hard :rolleyes:

Do you happen to have "Clearfont" enabled???? If so, try it without. I had some probs with it in some games in the menus, like unreadable text and such.......

Originally posted by Antallica
I'm wondering as to why games like Project IGI and Commanche vs. Hokum are goin all funny.

Project IGI: The glock cannot be seen, it's just a hand that looks like it holding something but no gun visible. Also on the movie for the second mission the truck seems to dissapear and come back (flickering) while leaving the man driving.

Commanche vs. Hokum is totally wasted, mostly everything doesn't look like it's supposed to with 2D shapes all over the place. The helecopter has bits missing in it etc.

I suspect either lack of XP/NT support for these games or my nVidia Detonator drivers.

Anyone got the same problem or solution?

Cheers, Antz

Its because your vid card is overclocked, i had some moving lines in mine till i set the clock rate back to default.....;)

Nope, overclocking is not the problem, I tried reseting to defaults a while back and no change, it seems to happen anyway no matter what I do. Oh well a nice Geforce4 will do the trick I think.

I found the problem, it was Cleartype. Thanks for the help people, especially Eolis. I'm having problems with the mouse and some other video problems with Project IGI but I suspect the new nVidia Detonators as this wasn't the case before the update.

Thanks again.

I had same problem but only came in after update to Xp SP1, fixed the menu font issues with the clear type fix but still no mouse pointer in menus or aiming cursor. Thanks Bill!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back