Weird computer error (and real)

K

kc7sbf

I got this bogus error while running a quick restore cd on a Compaq PC. Apparently the disk was dirty in one little spot, and the drive couldn't read through that dirty spot. So it displayed this error message, which is a classic.

See the attached file, post your comments on it. I had to take a picture of it with a digital camera pointed at the CRT, so I'm sorry for the wavy lines in it; tried to match the monitor refresh rate the best I could.

Sweetest error ever!

that sounds like something that i would do. when i code java for my class i'm taking, i come up with errors like that. Like File not found would be: "Must have scared the file, because it's not here."

hehe lame, but it made me laugh :)

I don't know who coded my error, but it actuallly came up on the screen, and I literally fell out of my chair when I saw it. It was nothing that I altered in any way. And it was on a special OS that runs quick restore on computers, and is designed to look like Windows 9.x.

sweet, so that means that someone is just as demented as i am :)

i feel so unlonely.

its probly a prank someone is playong on you. I've seen lots of little programs that do that. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and see if you have any weird application running in the background. If you do, then terminate it and see if you get the error again.

Maybe I should add to the thread that this is not a tech support issue, just a general chat thread to see what other people think of a bogus error like this one (for S&G's).

Sorry o_87, this was no prank.

Sorry almostfamous88, no virus.

This actually came up because the restore process couldn't continue because of a dirty disk. Ctrl+alt+delete didn't do anything anyway. It is a propriatary OS that Compaq built for quick restore purposes.

That error was easily solved by cleaning the disk. I took a screen shot of it because it was so hilarious.

Once I had cleaned the disk, everything went fine on the quick restore, plus it was a long time ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back