Weird Case question (semi Mac)

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Please no flaming on this thread - it might seem emotive to some.

I am just having idle curiosity as to whether anyone knows if it is possible to get any cases, not sure if they could meet ATX or MATX or SMFF standards, but cases that in essence are close in design/appearance to Mac ones and yet are available for PC build. I would have thought this were possible with the G5 - and I believe the G5 has some innovative thermal sectioning that may even make this advantageous.

Of course I am aware they could be no where close to replica status because Apple will have copyrights. I should have thought if the manufacturers of this imaginary hardware made it clear it was a "tribute" (similar to PearPC) then there should be no issues arising from Apple Corp.

Anyway - it was a weird thought - no idea how I might have Googled on it! - so I thought I would throw it open here....

If anyone knows of anything I shall be interested.....

There are some Lian Li cases that have the cooling set up similar to mac cases.

You could probably pick up a case on ebay without to much trouble I'm sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back