Weird 9600Pro Problem

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
Goodevening,

I got a radeon 9600 pro graphics card today and i am having problems with the card when i play games. Every so often.. my computer completely crashes randomly and the screen goes off as if my computer was not powered on. My keyboard also stops responding and anything that my computer is making a sound of is jerky or repeats itself. Any idea's what is wrong with it? can it be fixed?

My comp specs are below

Thank you for your help and time

Sincerly Alex :cool:

what catlyst drivers u got...its probably that hey....update and it should work fine.

i think its a 250watt.. unfortuatly i do not have the details of the power suply on the psu box.

The thing is.. i do not have any problems what so ever when i have it running on my Desktop screen :confused:

You dont supose i would have to reinstall Direct X 9 would u? could that be the problem?

Exactly Same Problem I Had Looks Like a Format to me, or Os Reinstall .... Reformat Worked 4 me

If you have a 250 watt power supply the question is why does it work at all!

You need a brand name supply at 300 w MINIMUM for that setup.

Open the case and look at the paper label on the Power supply. It should say brand and wattage. If its 250 w you need a bigger supply, i'd recommend 350-400w for your setup. If its 300w but anything other than enermax or antec post the name and we'll check into it.

The K7S5A isn't the best MB on the market. It could be that also.

im running a 9500pro with a 2.0 p4 and 768 ram and a 40gig harddrive and a dvd rom and a cd burner on a 250watt psu and everything runs fine with me.

OK i bought a 400Watt PSU today and it works fine now so far. I played a game which used to crash the comp from the graphics and it didnt crash this time. It may be fixed, ill keep you updated if anything messes up again relating to game playing. Thank you for your help everyone :)

Sincerly Alex :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back