Weeee! My College Application :)

There are a couple of problems I have noticed but I am not through the whole thing yet. Overall it is good but I found some spelling mistakes and a suggestion or 2. I have to go to school now and take a test ... I will try to go through the rest and post my suggestions later.

PseudoKiller said:
There are a couple of problems I have noticed but I am not through the whole thing yet. Overall it is good but I found some spelling mistakes and a suggestion or 2. I have to go to school now and take a test ... I will try to go through the rest and post my suggestions later.

thanks everyone for the comments, and thanks to pk for the accute eye - very much like to hear what you suggest/the little problems that need fixing :eek:

Over all it is good but some suggestions are that many of the sentences in you *doc files are run on and or fragmented. There are some spelling mistakes too. Also any titles of books, papers, pamphlets or any published works need to be underlined. You have many commas that arent needed.
Now the flash stuff... very interesting and definately stands out but the red text over a semi white background makes it very hard to read. Sorry for all the comments but I thought you should know since this is going to a college.

PseudoKiller said:
...many of the sentences in you *doc files are run on and or fragmented. There are some spelling mistakes too. Also any titles of books, papers, pamphlets or any published works need to be underlined. You have many commas that arent needed.
Now the flash stuff... very interesting and definately stands out but the red text over a semi white background makes it very hard to read. Sorry for all the comments but I thought you should know since this is going to a college.

wow...I really appreciate you actually reading into it (literally) that much, many thanks. As for the commmas - not surprised you say something about that, but Im not really worried, its more of a pace-oration style... had a few teachers ask about that before, takes some explaining, but reading with a specific flow, the commas dont seem so unnecessary, but otherwise - yeah, it looks like I'm nuts (this particular college has already talked with me about it anyway...artsy super-liberal hippie commune utopia, etc etc :D ) spelling and formatting mistakes Im sure are abound (took everything from .doc, and dropped in html...dumbass me for not editing enough, thanks for heads up on that) Ill keep hunting for those until the college replies, so...yeah, thank you very much for your suggestions again :cool:

PS - with those shades in your avatar... you look like one of my relatives on steroids ready to beat the crap out of me... lol, scary :p

hehe... Oakleys Sun Glasses Jackets 2.0 I love them... I only where Oakleys, why you may ask. Because it scares the sh!t out of ppl and they leave me alone.

Really like it. I was thinking of doing something similiar with my resume to help in the job hunt.

dreamliner77 said:
Really like it. I was thinking of doing something similiar with my resume to help in the job hunt.

its a technique that garners lots of attention for a relatively small amount of work - people seem to be pretty impressed with even a super-simple flash project like mine...(at least according to the dean of admissions, got a reply from her today, she likes it indeed...lol)

now all you gotta do is buy massive numbers of the business card cd-r's, make a nice flash projector file, and have it autorun when whomever you casually hand it to (perhaps while wearing PK style shades) throws it into their computer :cool:

Again, something i was thinking of doing. Alot to learn though. I'm still wading thru Dreamweaver, trying to learn how to design a regular html site.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back