Weed out duplicates from iTunes library

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I thought there was a thread for this - but what do you guys use for pruning duplicate songs from your iTunes library? I find the view within iTunes to look at duplicates isn't all that accurate. Would be nice to have a program that compares by file name, maybe even track duration and size.

I used to have a program that worked well but can't seem to find it again. How do you guys do it?

-edit-

I have searched on Google a lot and tried a bunch of stuff - just curious as to what you guys use if anything for this

I thought there was a thread for this - but what do you guys use for pruning duplicate songs from your iTunes library? I find the view within iTunes to look at duplicates isn't all that accurate. Would be nice to have a program that compares by file name, maybe even track duration and size.

I used to have a program that worked well but can't seem to find it again. How do you guys do it?

-edit-

I have searched on Google a lot and tried a bunch of stuff - just curious as to what you guys use if anything for this
have you tried a duplicate files program?

if not give the free trial of system mechanic a go, do not use it's system optimizing crap but for file cleanup you might like that

I believe the duplicate file feature does not time out after the trial period but I'm not sure about that

If the song is titled different it won't find the duplicates. So you will have to go through it manually and weed them out.

If the song is titled different it won't find the duplicates. So you will have to go through it manually and weed them out.
good point

a nice workaround, he can however search for the right extensions, then on view he can list by size, those the same size he can look for his list from there

That is true, perris. However, I have found many duplicates that were not the same size. That was mostly because the quality was different. If the songs have the same type of words in them; he can then just do a search for each word.

have you tried a duplicate files program?

if not give the free trial of system mechanic a go, do not use it's system optimizing crap but for file cleanup you might like that

I believe the duplicate file feature does not time out after the trial period but I'm not sure about that
Do you mean this one? - duplicate file finder. Just recommending...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back