Wedding Ring Gone

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
So i had a problem with my cable television provided by a well known Chicago cable operator (that will remain nameless but you can figure it out)
and when they arrive 3 men come into my house. Now I can understand 1 but not 3. they leave without fixing my issue and (even though they claimed they did) and I got up to leave the apartment and my wedding ring is gone!!!!!

So far I've been told by a dispatcher that she's "never heard of something like this happening" and have had a supervisor out to "fix" my issue and he asked me about the circumstances of what happened. He also pulled a camera out and took pictures and said he was taking the 3 people back to the office to talk to them about what happened.

I personally don't care about anything but getting my ring back but it's either in a field or a pawn shop right now, and this jerk ruined part of my wedding.

Last edited:
How did they get the ring off your finger?

where it's supposed to stay at all times *ahem*!!

(really, sorry about the loss)

well the reason it wasn't on is because it is made out of tungsten carbide and is really heavy, I normally don't sleep with it on and had no notification they were coming. there was no call from the tech before arriving just a knock on my door. So I went straight to the door without making sure things were put away.

Which really I shouldn't have to but sadly such is society and how low people can be.

now's your chance to get a ring that is comfortable to wear all the time :)

i remember thinking "if i ever got married he's gonna have a ring on his hand all the time, or it's going thru his nose"

lucky your gal isn't so unsympathetic :)

my gal actually does the same thing. when we are in the house it's not on, when we are out of the house it's on.

now's your chance to get a ring that is comfortable to wear all the time :)

i remember thinking "if i ever got married he's gonna have a ring on his hand all the time, or it's going thru his nose"

lucky your gal isn't so unsympathetic :)

Are you related to my wife?

Tuffgong, I concur with the lady, get something comfortable. I just have a simple band with an engraving of our initials on the inside along with the date.
Never need to take it off, or worry about losing it. Hope it resolves favorably.

I did offer to get a bull ring and put it through my nose, but after careful consideration my wife wasn't to keen on that idea. I lost that argument after I pointed out she offered one or the other.

Regardless if it is comfortable or not, that is a terrible thing to happen. I hope it works out.

thanks matt. I was hoping we could stay on the fact that someone coming in to my house to fix a faulty service left with my wedding ring!!

I haven't gotten much help from Com....I mean the cable operator in my area. So I've filed a police report and might have my attorney start sending letters early next week.

But actually the ring was my favorite possession in the world. it was heavy but not uncomfortable. I just don't like getting water and dirt and what not under my ring so when I get home I take it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuffgong, you've had no response to the supervisor? Does he know you are going to file a police report? This is rather amazing that the cable company would not want to address this right away.

All they need is for a report to get around that their field technicians are thieves to totally screw a diminishing reputation.

I would take it to the top. Don't wait for a supervisor to respond.

Yep, in this day and time, you rarely get any results unless you rattle some cages. Start out nice, but be prepared to make a scene if you don't get taken care of.

thanks matt. I was hoping we could stay on the fact that someone coming in to my house to fix a faulty service left with my wedding ring!!

But that's so pedestrian ... complaining about someone else! I advocate something new and different for the times -- checking out what WE can do ourselves.

My own personal story ... I did complain once about a service person "borrowing" an item. I made a rather big issue of it (I'm very high maintenance). And I had to make an equally big issue of the fact that *I* had moved the item myself.

However, I have had really good experiences (resolutions) making my complaints through www.planetfeedback.com ... I was suprised. I thought it would just be a good vent, but I had a corporate rep call me and actually listen (again) to my whole rant and offer some good options for resolution. You might want to try that avenue so you at least let the company know about your experience with those particular field reps.

falconguard said:
I did offer to get a bull ring and put it through my nose, but after careful consideration my wife wasn't to keen on that idea. I lost that argument after I pointed out she offered one or the other.

Y'all missed the third option ;) Which, having no experience of my own, may I say mighta been the better part of valor :)

Personally I am always one to give folks the benefit of the doubt, but I assume you have searched your house top to bottom.

i have searched for a day straight to guarantee that I didn't lose it. I'm just so obsessive about where I put things. Now I have spoken to 1 supervisor and the police. The police are going to the supervisor of the three individuals and to his supervisor. They also said they are going to check with all the pawn shops around here because it's a pretty unique ring.

So as of right now the police are involved, and after they tell me what they have done or accomplished I will have my attorney start righting letters and contacting Comcast to ensure a proper resolution.

I used to give people the benefit of the doubt, but that is over.

I have to wake up everyday and go to the place I've kept it for over a year now and not find it. And walk out of my house without the thing that helps me get up and be a better person for it. Today is a lot sadder than yesterday because it's hitting me harder today.

Last edited by a moderator:
filed a report at planetfeedback...thanks allweather!!!

I have no clue how this pertains to law or not, however I have removed the name of the company you mentioned just so that you don't have anything hit the fan later because of what you said here. If you want it back in your post, please contact me via PM

Note: I am not defending said company, just our member!

Thats horrible. I hope the police do find it, and the clown that stole it gets a felony. I hate crooks with a burning passion. Good Luck

That's a horrible to happen, I'd never forgive myself if I lost or had mine stolen. :cry:

On a lighter note a friend was only yesterday telling of a time he searched the house upside down looking for a small radio he had lost. He blamed the Gas man and reported it to the police, 6 months later he found it at the back of a cupboard. Oops :laugh:

X: Dunno, I would leave it up to Tuffgong if he wants to post the company name or not - obviously not completely square with US laws and such but I would have thought bad mouthing a highly public company in a place would see it may well help speed things up!

that company has been in the news a lot of late anyway.. including I believe on our front page for some of their.. umm.. policies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back