Wedding Ring Gone

from the reports I've received from the Police and the comcast investigator they probably were contractors hired out by comcast.

thanks X, I'm guessing my one problem that might be coming up is the holiday. I'm hoping something happens within the next day and a half cause turkey day is coming.

That’s sad to hear, shame that in these times we have to worry about our property like that!!

Something you might consider doing is make a list of all pawn shops in a 50 mile radius or maybe larger “not familiar with your area” and start calling them too ask if the ring is there with whatever identifiable markings are on it. “naturally if you get a hit let the police know and go get it”

If you still have the receipt for the ring dig it out and make a copy and carry it with you just in case you stumble across the ring somewhere by chance.

Also write up a description page and if you have a picture of the ring include that as well and fax the info to the pawn shops as stolen property of yours that your trying to recover.

Yes the police, Comcast and whoever else is investigating it BUT who does the ring mean the most too!!! “That would be you and you will look harder for it”
These other people are more than likely looking for thousands of other items at the same time!

Good Luck!

I do have some good news and some accolades for comcast. I found out for 100 percent that the three techs were contractors. The company they work for is going to reimburse me for the full price of the ring. The accolades come in because comcast has backed me up and is taking care of my service for a little while monetarily and has helped with the investigation of the three people. Also the company they worked for is being very cooperative.

So will I get my real ring back? Probably not. But the police and comcast are still investigating and searching the pawn shops. I am being reimbursed which doesn't "fix" anything but it helps. I really wish I had the time to drive around to all the pawn shops but I don't. I might this weekend and if anything comes up I will keep posting to this thread.

I wish I could use names but I would love to commend the two comcast employees who have been amazing through all of this and the police in my town for being as great as they have been.

At least you are on the right track. It's good that Comcast has stepped up.

I'm glad to see things are at least heading down the right path, good to know that some companies will still try to help out their customers :)

Good luck with the rest !

I have received the check! and my problem with my service is fixed!!! I told them each time they came out that my box was bad but they ignored me, they finally listened to me and swapped the box out and big surprise my problem is fixed!!!

I can say thanks comcast!

It's good that some good is coming out of this bad experience. :D

I can't stand most of them, especially Derek. 'Nads is okay. Don't ask me what I think about Sazar or fitzy. [/OT]

*gets all wet 'n fuzzy*
wink.gif

I love my wedding ring and I never take it off, I've never seen another one like it. It wasn't exactly expensive but it's to precious to risk losing it :D

I love my wedding ring and I never take it off, I've never seen another one like it. It wasn't exactly expensive but it's to precious to risk losing it :D
I believe that is called sentimental value ;)

I would never take it off but I just got into a habit to take it off when I was in the house. I never take it off any other time.
I'm glad it was mine. As unique as mine was it can be purchased again. I haven't seen many other married men with a tungsten carbide wedding ring. But it's still available.

Now my wife's on the other hand is a one of kind that i designed without any help from her. I would have gotten my butt kicked if it was her's that was taken, ha, probably divorced.

well to update on a long past thread. I just received a call from a detective and the person that was the lead suspect went into the police station and failed a polygraph test and admitted he stole the ring and I will be receiving it from the police in about an hour.

So all in all I got what I wanted. My ring back.

Excellent!! Way to go all around. Merry Christmas!

omgosh ... that's FANTASIC!!! Congrats. And big kudos to the folks that didn't let the matter drop cuz it was "only someone's ring".

Happy Holidays!!

woah.. thats so great...

really, when this things turn out good = sweetness!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back