Website Maker

Hi Electronic Punk!

Oh, yeah it has been a while.

Hopefully im back in the heat if you want me to, cause I had some problems with my internet connection.

- Im here if you want me to.

Originally posted by scriptasylum
Forntpage puts all kinds of "garbage" code in the HTML.

so does dreamweaver.

Just suck it up and learn some basic HTML

notepad is where it's at.......

dont know about junk in DWMX but at least its code validates with the w3c

Im taking Programming this year in school, so I can do better and know more and HTML,java, ect. Duh.. So untill i'm done that I have choosen from your guy's help to use Dreamweaver! Thanks for the help!

you know what. as long as your whoreing the scene like an asian school girl it dont matter what program you use.

lol. sorry. i really am high.

Originally posted by Herkalees
Dude, I'm the best website maker.

I'm sorry but if you claim to be the best website maker, you should be able to write code that validates :p:p

Hrm, Dev-PHP is lacking some stuff. Going to see if my school can get their hands on Delphi 7 so i can add a few big things.

Originally posted by Geffy
Jason make sure you dont just learn the package, learn how the code works as well, so that if you go to work somewhere and they use Adobe GoLive you arent up a creek without a paddle, theres too many unis/colleges which only teach the packages.

Also under File > New in DWMX tick the box marked "Make Document XHTML Compliant"

Yes. We are learning about the code and how they work. That is why my supervisor makes us do Edit --> View Source and study the code of any pages we visit.;)

What does XHTML do? :)

XHTML is going to slowly take over HTML. Its a better format, and forces you to follow a standard, making it easier to display for browsers and the like since its all neatly setup where as HTML can contain a million and one mistakes.

CoffeeCup is a good Wysiwyg program, but notepad if you know what youre doing and Macromedia if you just want to be posh ;)

i love using dreamweaver due to the diferent options it has, i mainly use it as text only but i know lots of people find it helps to have the outcome as well.

I have accually had Dreamweaver and those other things in a package for awhile but never used it. So I think I might try that! Thanks for the help guys. :)

I used dreamweaver for a day to try... if you know what you're doing, DW _will_ slow you down... and this was horrible to say the least.

Originally posted by grimman
I used dreamweaver for a day to try... if you know what you're doing, DW _will_ slow you down... and this was horrible to say the least.
Really? IMHO it does the work much faster than Notepad anyway.

Plus I really don't think you can draw that conclusion after using a complex piece of software for just one day.

Might be so, might not be. I can agree that it might not be an accurate conclusion, but any dreamweaver fanboy will say "It's faster" at any given time. ;>

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back