webpage icons in internet explorer

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
i did something to my ie browser, and not all the webpage icons show as a blue e on a white sheet of paper instead of the nice webpage icon. how do i change this back?

thanks in advance. EJ ;)

Are you talking about in your favorites? You could right-click the icons, choose properties, and then click the change icon button to set it back. You could also use the program FavOrg to handle your icons for you.

Damn why do people have to keep chaging things? :mad:
Try a google. It shouldn't be hard to find.

Info

:rolleyes: that site has a download link but it dont apear to work:mad:

cheers for finding that link YoYo:cool:

umm speedy i agree about mozilla kciking IE a$$, but mozilla and firebird have problems with displaying favicons :p they are all messed up in my firebird

Yeah, FavOrg can be a little tricky to find, especially since PCMag isn't even offering it for download... and it's their utility! I should have attached it to begin with and saved everyone the trouble. Sorry for my laziness! ;)

yep got that 2, but it messes up the favicons in the bookmark folders on the toolbar.

htank you all for the replies. unfortunately, the program did not do the trick I wanted it to do.....

Speedy: I use Firebird, and it displays the icons really well, and I am so used to the colours, that I wanted them in IE, too, for those pages that I cannot access with Firebird.

But I must ahve messed something up somewhere so that the icons only display the blue e. Ah well, not really that important, don't like IE anyway.....

Cheers, EJ ;)

a little off topic, but I think you guys can help me too...sorry for the mini highjack;

pc mag isn't giving any of it's programs away anymore, and I really loved clip track

does anyone have a link for this proggy also?

I've been all over the net, and every referance sends me back to a pc mag link that doesn't work

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back