WebClient/Publisher Temporary Files at 32kb???

S

skyarea

I have trouble locating the problem. When I go to Drive C's "Properties" and use XP's "Drive Cleanup" I check off everything I want it to Cleanup, including WebClient/Publisher Temporary Files at 32kb.
"Drive Cleanup" erases everything but the WebClient/Publisher Temporary Files 32kb. I have tried running again and again. Checking and unchecking the WebClient/Publisher Temporary Files "box", but no luck. Everytime Drive Cleanup states that there is 32kb in WebClient/Publisher Temporary Files.

I noticed on a friend's computer that we updated to XP, he does not have this problem. I did a clean full install.

Does anyone know of a solution to XP's Drive Cleanup to erase WebClient/Publisher Temporary Files???

Or know where these files are even located. I have searched but no where are they found.

Thanks appreciate any help.

I notice I have the same thing going on. I do a search of my hard drive and I don't find anything. I'm wondering it these files are a part of Microsoft FrontPage's default folders/files located under "My Documents" as "My webs?" Do you have FrontPage installed, and does your friend?

Anyway, 32kb is just a squirt of space and i'm not concerned with it. I'd be curious to know what exactly these files are though.

Solution

I went looking around Google and found some others with the same problem. You can see what is setup in your diskcleaner by going START -> RUN -> and typing cleanmgr /sageset:1 and then OK. I checked off the uncheck boxes, but still no luck.

I read somewhere that these are leftover installation files from initial setup of XP. I have reformated a copy times in the past with XP. I have checked everytime it is always the same problem from the beginning.

Here is a solution:
Go to regedit find the key:
Each item in the cleaner is a seperate com program. The list of cleaners is stored here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Volume Caches

Delete the key for WebClient/Publisher Temporary Files. It will remove the cleaner all together from DiskCleaner. Backup Key beforehand, just in case. It removes WebClient/Publisher Temporary Files from Disk Cleaner all together, which was never working in the first place.

The space is not the concern, the 32kb, it is just something not working.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back