Webcam program..

C

Corolla568

I'm looking for a good webcam program to use to broadcast live...web...cam...thing. You know? I have a website and an FTP addy on it, which is what i think the program should use to upload those pictures. Does anybody know any good, free, programs? I don't like using Logitechs "spotlight" account thing, unless someone can tell me how to avoid using spotlight with Logitechs software.

http://www.stratoware.com/webcam2000/
WebCam 2000 uses a webserver to serve up the webcam image live from your computer, obviousy you need to be online and people will need your IP for this to work...

http://www.hilo.dk/pryme/
Pryme on the other hand uses ftp to upload images to webspace so the image will always be 'online'

They're both free, but personally i'd recommend biromsoft (but it is $30)

and why do you think that people would want to look at you anyway? :p

ChillCam is a good app, i think i tried a demo a long time ago, but i was quite happy with WebCam2000 at the time

Originally posted by Ninj0x
and why do you think that people would want to look at you anyway? :p

Hey, it was an honest question. no need for any sarcasm or stuff like that. arite.

Try out Timershot, a free Powertoys XP program that allows you to accomplish what you want to do. Although it may seem difficult to do at first, you are able to set Timershot up to work with a FTP server.

Enjoy.

TimerShot's never worked for me with either of my cams, it just doesn't seem to recognise them, so i can't select anything from the drop-down box

Weird. Which cams? I have a Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000.

The 4000 looks nice, may have to upgrade =)

My main cam is a "D-Link NetQCam Pro 350 Plus " connected via usb.
and now and then i use my digital camera (FujiFilm FinePix A201) in webcam mode, also via usb.

Both work fine with all of the software/apps mentioned in previous posts above this one, just not with timershot :\

weird. I have Webcam32, works well for direct upload/stream.

madmatt: I just downloaded TimerShot from Microsoft. I have a Creative Labs Video Blaster Plus WebCam and I am unable to select a device within this program either. Any suggestions?

hmm, weird. If you want Webcam32 I am willing to up it to one of my sites (2.65MB), just let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back