Webcam Problem Behind ICS

R

rm-rf

I am having problem with video conversation (webcam) on MSN messenger and my connection behind ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks

I would guess that the problem come about because of the protocal that Messenger use's to do voice and video. Its the H323 protocal.

The problem is with ICS all IP address inside your network (and rightly so) look like they come fron the single machine that is shareing the connection. This coupled with the fact that part of the H323 protocal requires the use of dynamic ports means that your going to have a night trying to get it to work.

If there's only one machine your ever going to be using the webcam on then you 'could' foward the range of ports back to that computer from the ICS one but I'm not sure if or how you can do that with the built in ICS software.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

Something to read that might help ....

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;158623

Ok, I think you probably 'could' have found a solution if you'd started here

That lead me to ... ...here

and i 'think' the config file your going to be wanting is in the Conferencing and Messaging section ... here

Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back