WebBased MSN Messenger

Using it on public computers where one can't install software, is where I could think of such things... Easiest way to perhaps not get them to ban it (unless they see one use it) is to clean out the cache, history, and what not when one leaves the computer.

When I use forums at college and what not (hey, I have had classes where there's not enough time to go home and come back, between :D ), I do exactly this. Main reason, well I don't want peeps logging in as me :) Course cleaning cookies should be enough, but I scrub the browser...

Oh, the days of dialup. I remember having to download Service Pack 3 for NT 4.0 (17.5 MB) on dialup. Worst part is, I ended up getting the bug "Service Pack 2 causes RAS disconnect" probs, only after I tried to get SP3. It took a few attempts :(

Son Goku said:
Using it on public computers where one can't install software, is where I could think of such things... Easiest way to perhaps not get them to ban it (unless they see one use it) is to clean out the cache, history, and what not when one leaves the computer.

At my school you cannot delete the cache, history, and other stuff that erases what you've been doing, where you've been on the Internet.

ha ha...i use aim express at school...and now i can use web msn messenger to get the teachers mad. Cept now my lab volt class (which i dont have anymore but maybe the other computer classes do) have a program that monitors all the computer screens and the teacher would look at them. But what i did was wait till he went to help people or when he is on ebay lookin at stuff then i would get online :p

hmm, they must be more restrictive then in that regard. I don't think UNM really cares tbh...and I mostly clear it all so I don't end up with a case of mistaken identity (aka others posting as me).

I had a weird one happen when I went to use Netscape mail one time, in the lab computer, and failed to clear my email info out of there. Lets just say that other people went to use it, and didn't provide their info. For the following 6 months I got rather strange emails from a girl friend that was peeved her boy friend broke up with her (and was shouting back, thinking I was him) :eek: All the way down to mentions of other people's appointments, and things that quite frankly I could do without knowing :D

shouldnt this be under windows general or somethin since this is more of a windows thing not just junk.

well...its still microsoft so this should be under jokes and humour

My reply, like already you would notice you can't use it with some security based software. Can't be bothered to get into a bitching match with you 3.

As for the morals of being in the computer suite at School and not paying attention to what you should be doing rather than exchanging chat with lamers, well.

Don't be so negative all the time.

I'd imagine that any school or work place with common sense will have blocked the use of web "applications" such as this, if not, well then it's their loss. It's still far from pointless though.

There are times. Usually, I wouldn't use such a thing in middle of class, but during breaks/between classes... I live about 13 miles away from both colleges I go to. Parking is attroscious and one can end up with a 15 minute walk or so back to one's car... If there's only an hour between classes, best to stay put :D

There are times though. I had a bit of a problem last semester where in Advanced UNIX the teacher was gone a fair amount of the semester, the cariculum was in shambles, and we didn't exactly know what we were doing. So, came in one day, dumped in our laps was to install and get NFS up and running... Umm, OK? Had to go to some forums to ask what the heck was involved :D OK, I was doing such during class, but needed help no one in the class room seemed able to provide that day :eek:

next year (which actually starts in like 2 weeks) im an admin for the school i think HEHEHE im ganna be up to evil things!

well any others out there came in today and they already blocked it. ;(

phishhead said:
well any others out there came in today and they already blocked it. ;(

The easiest option, depending on how they monitor you, would be to get a Knoppix CD. This is assuming you can just reboot the computer. Your copy of Knoppix wouldn't be locked down :D

Now, perhaps I shouldn't be mentioning that, hmm...

Still, if things get locked down at the firewall, as opposed to on the local PC, this might mean nothing. I haven't looked into MSN Messenger to be sure, but I'm assuming it might use a port which could get blocked... Someone else might know more about that one though.

MSN Web Messenger

MSN Web Messenger lets you talk online and in real-time with friends and family using just a web browser! Use it on any shared computer - at school, at work, at a friend's house or anywhere you can't install the MSN Messenger software.

http://webmessenger.msn.com/

Didnt know about this...looks kinda handy!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back