Web space

N

Not Bman

I am making a website, went to look on google for free webspace. Millions come popping out. So now I ask you, your ideas on the best etc..

Btw, you can get a really good host for really cheap. At godaddy.com you can get some for $3.95. 1and1.com has some for $2.95.

Per month that is. You get paid $20/hr. I'm sure you can afford it :)p), because free hosts generally suck really bad.

im trying out a free host, it adds ads to my site....i'll see how it is and then yes!

I'll just plug http://got-w00t.co.uk/ here, I think I am reasonably priced, but then I haven't taken a look at the current us market and compared prices.

If you want something tailored pm me. It might even be cheaper than the list prices.

*waits for LordOfLA to tout his wares* :p

My new web site is hosted from evohosting.co.uk/. Iv had no probs so far. I have the Micro Ex package - 200mb space, 5gb a month bandwitdh for £7.50 a quarter. Thats £30 a year! woo

wwwdjrcs said:
as he always does ;)

Quite the businessman, he is

.... and lord sleeps on..... :p

I think he may be adjusting to the commute actually and was hoping for a 24Mb line here, not the 2Mb we had to take. Waiting for him to start on me about a DSL2 router ATM...

To mention something back to the topic - what about your ISP? Or selecting an ISP that bundles webspace (most of the decent ones do because they are all kitted up for it and can easily cover themselves against any major bandwidth suckage in their contracts....

i got a year of the L1 package at dreamhost for 10 bucks. they notmaly want 100ish for it. Came with a free domain too but no whois protection on it so im not gona be using it.

Geffy said:
I'll just plug http://got-w00t.co.uk/ here, I think I am reasonably priced, but then I haven't taken a look at the current us market and compared prices.

If you want something tailored pm me. It might even be cheaper than the list prices.
^Recommended :D

Haven't been using cPanel (as an end user) for some time now, don't miss it at all.

X-Istence said:
For the customer cPanel might "rock", but for admins it is a pain in the behind :p. No rocking my socks.
Aren't customers/clients/users a pain in the behind? [=

Theres always me :D

I acutally switched 2 of my severs to Interworx-CP and it's awesome. Even had the developers fix their server-server dns synchronisation for me too! Just need to set some time aside to migrate my last freebsd server to FC4 to get it on all 3 :)

Checking out the IWorx demo right now, looks fun :) is it possible to have multiple domains per account though? Or would you just need to login again for different domains ?

It's not possible yet to have more than one domain per account (dammnit) but I'm told its on the todo list.

Edit: but you can have multiple accounts with the same username and password, so its almost like it :)

LordOfLA said:
It's not possible yet to have more than one domain per account (dammnit) but I'm told its on the todo list.

Edit: but you can have multiple accounts with the same username and password, so its almost like it :)

How's that work?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back