Web space help...

Hi...
I have bought webspace from a hosting company. One 2 gig and one 99 gig. On the 99 gig one I am having problems assigning a domain name. Our host got back to me and said that there was no index page on the 99 gig space.
But on the 2 gig space there is an index page. The hosting company says either make an index page or point the domain to another folder other than the htdocs, what I want to know is how do you make an index page.
I'm a complete newbie to this side of things so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Colin :)

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Create a HTML document and call it "index.html". Then upload it to the root folder, which would appear to be "htdocs" in your case.

xsivforce

Prodigal Son
Save this as index.html with notepad or whatever. Very basic but it will be something.

Code:
<html>
<title>Coming Soon</title>
<body>
<br /><br /><br />
<center>
<h1>This Page... Coming Soon.
</h1>
</center>
</body></html>

Thanks SPeedY_B and xsivforce for the quick reply and help, very much appreciated. I'm off now to give your suggestions a go, keeping fingers crossed :up:

Cheers Colin :)

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
Zedric, some hosts use certain cpanels that wont do anything unless there is an index page of somesort present.. odd i know but it does happen

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
most control panel stick a standard index.html page in the folder for the newly added domain, at least sensible ones do ;) :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut