Web page going down

G-Money

Big Air
I was just wondering why the web page has been going as of late ???

Just a FYI ........ :D

been down now it just started working but home page has one article over and over and over

A lesson in security,
never say in a IRC or other chat system that your upgradeing due to security problems, no wounder the sites been messing up.
iam not picking on EP here, but giving away that kinda info is a bit silly, you dont tell every one in your town that you need new door locks because the ones you have at the moment can be pushed open now do you ? thats just asking for trouble.

What server is the channel on for this site please, i've had a very hard day trying to work out why the site was down.

also the channel name please

Originally posted by surge
A lesson in security,
never say in a IRC or other chat system that your upgradeing due to security problems, no wounder the sites been messing up.
iam not picking on EP here, but giving away that kinda info is a bit silly, you dont tell every one in your town that you need new door locks because the ones you have at the moment can be pushed open now do you ? thats just asking for trouble.

So you are blaming the messenger for the problem this site was having?? EP was trying to fix the problems and relayed the info to the rest of us what was going on. You honestly believe some script kiddie didnt know of the security holes and that EP spilt the beans on it?? Oh please...

Originally posted by cripster
What server is the channel on for this site please, i've had a very hard day trying to work out why the site was down.

also the channel name please

On the frontpage has been for months ...
[EDIT] I apologise I was worng, I thought it was there but I dont see it... You could always use the chat room Jirc client [/EDIT]

No iam not blameing the messenger for the problem, its not EP's fault there as a bug in the PHP all iam saying is that he shouldent have described the problem in an open Chat room. and like the other guy said it was a Dumb move. how would you like it if your Bank or credit card company if you have anyof thease, wrote to the news papers and told every one on live TV that there servers were vunerable and that they needed patch a update?

i can see surge's point, but that would only apply if someone in the IRC chan was against the xp-erience site!

to be honest most kiddies/h4x0rs/whatever will keep up to date with the latest vuln's and exploits and as soon as they know of them they wana try em out, xp-erience is a big well known site, so some people view it as quite an acheivement knock it down for a few minutes or hours

A lesson in security,

I think you have misunderstood me, I said it was initially under attack from that , but since then the server has been updated.

No iam not blameing the messenger for the problem, its not EP's fault there as a bug in the PHP all iam saying is that he shouldent have described the problem in an open Chat room. and like the other guy said it was a Dumb move. how would you like it if your Bank or credit card company if you have anyof thease, wrote to the news papers and told every one on live TV that there servers were vunerable and that they needed patch a update?

Dont jump on Catch23's bandwagon.. he hates everything and everyone and is a very bitter person. The php problem has been known for over a week. Speaking about it in an irc channel is not big deal. Everyone there supposedly knows each other and and it does not have the same impact as telling it thru a newspaper or on the national news. Not to kiss ass but I can never refer to EP as dumb or a person who makes dumb moves.
BTW were you in the channel at the time it was said??

Dont get in a tizzy Catch23 you know how I feel about you anyway, you sweet angry little SOB :D

Right then [P§eüðøKe®] i was only replying to a thread and simply spoke my mind or Typed what i was thinking, I wasnt in the channel becasue i dont use IRC , havent done so for about a year now, so does that make me an outcast from ex-perience?
and i can see that i have rattled your cage on the matter :D

Its cool ;)

waddy and Dan from UK Solutions are reviewing the logs etc. to try and figure out what happened.

Currently..the server load is stable at around 5% - with the same number of users on the site and forums last night - the server load was 75% which is wrong diddly wrong wrong wrong...

They will figure it out :)

I'd be pretty cranky, too, if I had to put up with that monkey banging the cymbals all day.

Right then [P§eüðøKe®] i was only replying to a thread and simply spoke my mind or Typed what i was thinking, I wasnt in the channel becasue i dont use IRC , havent done so for about a year now, so does that make me an outcast from ex-perience?
and i can see that i have rattled your cage on the matter :D

Well thats'll learn to express an opinion.. :D And 'yes' you are an outcast but it has nothing to do with the fact you havent used IRC in such a long time :D

Originally posted by spikemic
been down now it just started working but home page has one article over and over and over

same to me ... [ ! ] :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back