Web Link

• Thread starter NegativeFactor
  • Start date
N

NegativeFactor

Does anyone with a hint of knowledge of Javascript (or any other method infact) know of a way of getting a page to automatically follow a link? The hyperlink I want the page to automatically goto is:

<a href="index.asp" target="_parent">Back to Main Page</a>

Basically on my website I have 2 frames, one being the small navigation bar at the top and the other containing the information (bottom frame). If you look at the bar at the top you can see a login link, right there is some code on that so when a person logs in it will change to different text and allow them to access the user control panel. However I'm finding it difficult to get the top frame to automatically refresh when a user logs in so the text changes and the user has instant access to the control panel. The link I posted above does exactely what I want to do to get the page at the top refreshed, but how do I get this to automatically refresh. I have tried it with the REFRESH META tag but this is really irritating as the top frame just keeps reloading.

Basically all I want is an automatic method of following the above link, so it imitates the clicking action automatically.

Can anyone help?

I believe this will do the trick....

<meta http-equiv="expires" content="0">

Here ya go... maybe this will work better for you.

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function MM_reloadPage(init) {
if (init==true) with (navigator) {if ((appName=="Netscape")&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {
document.MM_pgW=innerWidth; document.MM_pgH=innerHeight; onresize=MM_reloadPage; }}
else if (innerWidth!=document.MM_pgW || innerHeight!=document.MM_pgH) location.reload();
}
MM_reloadPage(true);
// -->
</script>

Don't ask me what it means... I just know that I use it on my webpage and it works :)

Put this in the validation page (Javascript):

PHP:
parent.topFrame.reload();

or

PHP:
parent.topFrame.location.href = "top.asp";

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back