We Currently Have Server Problems

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Looks like we are having some kind of hardware issue that is affecting Apache, we have the planet looking at it and I am hoping for a quick resolution, but it could mean downtime for a ram swap or even more down time to swap hard drives.

Re: Server Problems

Yeah, been noticing some glitches for the past few hours. Hope everything gets sorted out soon. :)

I think the brief downtime about 26 hours ago was our first sign of trouble, but it only seemed to get back about 3 hours ago.

ok, that figures. For awhile I thought I was going nuts.. :)

I was working too damn much today. I always miss out on all the fun. Hey EP, did ya backup? :D

ah that explains all the confusion in my head
i was starting to think it's my connection

gonaads said:
I was working too damn much today. I always miss out on all the fun. Hey EP, did ya backup? :D

Electronic Punk said:
ooh yeah.

I am just curious; how big is the backup?

Electronic Punk said:
I think the brief downtime about 26 hours ago was our first sign of trouble, but it only seemed to get back about 3 hours ago.

I first experienced it yesterday as well and today much more often. Thanks for keeping us posted and I hope it won't have to be too stressful of a situation.

Today it was kinda odd. I log on, I go to User CP, well actually I try to go to User CP but it would just reload the page I was on (Front Page). I then finally got to the Forums page (after clicking on it for a few times) and try to go to any section's thread and it would just reload without going to it. Finally it started to actually navagate as normally as it can.

Hope it's fixed now.

Oh, and also when ya post a reply it will reload the page as it is trying to post your responce and then it just sites there. Like it posted but not, it show the same page and the post window. Like nothing happened. But when ya hit the submit button again a window pops up saying that it's a dup of what I just posted.

Then me trys to nav to the thread trough anothe tab on me browser and it ain't there. Argggg... Well I found a work around for that, but it be frustrating.

Yep, same things I experience gonaads.

loads of odd glitches. People with 0 post counts and a post. threads with no posts in them, can't get to some pages in threads (this one)

I can't seem to start new threads, but I can reply to existing ones.

Heeter

Apache has been behaving, so lets hope it stays behaving. For now, i will contact theplanet about the issue, and see if they can just test the HD out for troubles. Other than that, it seems to have survived the test that most of the people in the server world go by on FreeBSD. Recompiling world and then the kernel.

Good stuff :)
I hope it doesn't come down to a hardware fault of some sort.

When trying to start a new thread it doesn't accept the first 'post this thread' click and when you click again, you're told it's a duplicate :mad:

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Please

Jewelzz said:
When trying to start a new thread it doesn't accept the first 'post this thread' click and when you click again, you're told it's a duplicate :mad:

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Please

Hrm, it is indeed back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back