We Currently Have Server Problems

Re: READ FIRST: We Currently Have Server Problems

My fault that one :)

back away from the "control panel"... PLEASE! :p

Was Windows x64 being silly with its TCP/IP connections.
I started uploading a file and it hung so I cancelled (index.php as I made some changes to it)

Disabled my network connection and reenabled it, uploaded the file fine that time and removed my local copy.

The hung copy then finished uploading with 0 bytes replacing the original. Silly thing.

Hence the blank stare on my screen. :p

See, not my fault. This problem has been solved.

I just moved avatars and attachments into the dbase and cleaned up the avatar and attachment folders (the attachment folder was still huge, very bizarre that!) and then moved em back and cleaned up the database.

Could well have been from the server move we did, I don't think the folders that remained were due to the problems we were experiencing.

Tis fixed then? :)

Well its not dying on its feet :)

I have noticed that on a few occasions pages be loadin oddly, meaning slowly. I click a page link, it sits there for an instant or two and then it begins loading. Other times I click page link or a submit button, etc... it begins loading but get stuck part way, then it finishes.

Yeah, I think the times it takes a little longer is when it would have died before.
Apache 2.x and PHP 5.x seem much more resiliant.

Electronic Punk said:
Yeah, I think the times it takes a little longer is when it would have died before.
Apache 2.x and PHP 5.x seem much more resiliant.
Maybe db work you did will help a bit also. A cleaned up db can't hurt speed. :)

Seems da forums izz slooooooooow today. Is the server taking a Memorial Day holiday also? :p

I noticed the like first 2 or 3 pages I loaded this morning (aprox 8:30AM EST) were rather slow but then it snapped back to normal like it always does to make you look like a fibber. :p

its been kinda slow for me cept i didnt really notice it till a wee bit after i read this thread earlier. Maybe I am just thinkin its slow cause of reading a post about someone saying it was slow and my mind is playing games :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back