WD800JB PC board shot....it ruined another drive too

justinbailey

OSNN One Post Wonder
I have a WD800JB that is a year old. I messed it up while fussing with some cables while the computer was on. I believe all I did was damage the PCB board. I ordered a drive that I thought was similar enough and switched the boards, only to ruin the new HD.

Is there somewhere I can find an exact PCB board to try?

MDL: WD800JB-00FMA0
DATE: 07 Jun 2004
DCM: ESBACTJCH

Code on PCB: 2060-001209-004 REV A

I believe the board I tried was a 2060-001209-000 REV A (I am not sure, I have already sent it in)

I *REALLY* need the data off this drive, but I don't think I would be willing to pay $700+ to retrieve the data.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
I messed it up while fussing with some cables while the computer was on.
define fussing. i dont think you can get a baord for a hardive.. correct me if im wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back