WD Problem WD No HELP

B

Brando457

I have files on the drive, from a previous system with windowsxp, it is used for storage of backup files such as documents etc., I placed the drive in my system as slave to my boot drive, it shows under bios as slave, and boot takes alittle longer then with it not connected, Once in windows the login screen takes longer to load, once logged in and going to My Computer and trying to access the drive my computer freezes, and stops responding upon trying to access the hd. In Start>Control Panel> Admin Tools> Computer mangment> disk mangment it shows up at a 147 gig with 147 gigs free, when i KNow i have files on it. I v e tried the HD in other systems with same problem, I have the jumper as CS and have tried it as master and slave with still no luck. I have the same issue with my 120 gig WD SE, and my 80 gig WD SE, I have files on the HDs which I MUST SAVE FOR WORK. I am unsure what to do atm :/

System Specs: Asus a7n8x deluxe rev 2.0 with 1005 bios, 2800+ barton, 512 corsair valueselect pc2700.

Thanks for any help

Sincerely,
Brandon

Try giving the drive a name or use the name that is on the drive if you remember it. Right click the pain that the drive shows up in and select properties..

I had this issue with Win 2003...

:D

name it ? ....... sounds alittle 2 simple to fix my problem but worth a try :) wish me luck ;)

nope no good, cant even get to properties in disk mangment the WD Datalifeguard says error 0005

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back