WD Caviar WD800, Windows can not save data....

GeorgGG

OSNN Addict
Windows can not save data etc. and the disk stop responding, then i shut it down for a 5minuts and nothing happend. after 1 hours of rest disk started to work . I run some tests, 100% OK.

What can it be wrong with my disk

WD Caviar WD800 ATA-100, 7.200rpm

THX

if you are getting i/o errors with your hard disk I would seriously recommend you back up your data and do a full burn in test of your hard drive (ie through the WD proprietry software not through windows)..go to their website.

Also check the SMART status of the hard disk in the bios. If you havent enabled it then do so in the Bios. This usually warns of impending disk failure.

Chances are the problem though internittent for now, may get worse...........and i found out the hard way...so be prepared.

That it starts working after it cools down makes it sound like a power supply or thermal problem.

What are your CPU (45-55C) and MB (35-40C) temperatures?

Is your power supply big enough to support 3 HD and 2 optical drives? That much load should have a 350W (a good brand 300W might handle your system, Enlight, Antec, etc).

New equipment uses more +5Vdc than older parts so you need to check the current rating (Adc) of the +5V, not just the power rating (w). At least 25 Adc @ +5V for that system.

IF temperatures and cooling are good enough it may be the HD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back