Wavy Recordings from DV Camcorder?

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
hey guys im recording videos via firmwire from my panasonic minidv camcorder and the video looks quite wavy in areas. its not a really big issue but i was defintely expecting smooth quality.

i've been using pinnacle and i've tried all settings such as DV format (the highest), mpeg2, mpeg1, and they all have wavyness...... any ideas???? when i view it via AV cables on the tele it seems great its justs when i transfer it on the pc its bad. i doubt it's b/c my firewire card is cheap.

Can I ask how your hooking up the cam to the PC , reason I ask is I had same problem until I switched to USB 2. the Usb and other types of connection had the same results wavy junk at the bottom of the video.

Regards Cupid

make sure u have the latest drivers for ur mobo, and btw ur downloading it to the pc using firewire not firmwire

keep it at dv, thats the highest quality, also i know which tape ur talking about and it was dark in the tent except for when the lighting when off, so it will look grainy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back