wav to mp3 conversion

1bLaDe1

hey, i have some recorded wav files which i want to convert into mp3s...i tried a few programs, but when i convert em, the sound comes all fuzzy ...
i really need these converted without the fuzzy noise coming in...any ideas?

thnx

-{bLaDe}

thanks, but nop, no matter what program i use, the sound comes all scratchy and fuzzy ... i discoverd if i try to encode them in a higher bit rate, the sound becomes even fuzzyer...if i lower the bit rate, the quality is cheap.

these are .wav files I recorded throu sound recorder.

thnx

-{bLaDe}

lame is the best, IMHO. Use Exact Audio Copy to rip the CD, and then encode using LAME and the -r3mix standard. Best sounding .mp3's I've ever ripped.

thnx for the replys,
but when i convert an mp3 to wav and then .wav to .mp3, it works perfectly ...
but these .wav files which i wanna convert, are recorded using sound recorder, throu the mic ... and when i convert em to mp3 they have a fuzzy, noise

I have tried those programs but i still get the same results.

thnx

-{bLaDe}

i don't think there's a proggie out there that'll let you convert ur .wav to .mp3 without the fuzzy sound. i think what you might have to do is first reduce the background noise on your .wav file, since i think you mentioned that you recorded it through a mic. anyway, reduce it as much as you can (iono with what proggie thoe) and then when you convert, there won't be as much fuzzy sound. :p iono i'm sure you've already thought of that, and i apologize if i'm no help at all... :(

AudioCatalyst is cool..
CoolEdit 2000 / Pro has a cool addon that will remove hissing / pops / clicks with varying degrees of success, pretty cool, tho I now use soundforge 5 for most of my audio-editing.

Hey try dBPowerAMP, I use this program to convert my .wav files into mp3's and I never get any fuzzy noise. It lets you convert them into different bitrates too. Its a pretty handy program, try it out at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/. You might need to download a codec though.

Originally posted by HoVnO
Hey try dBPowerAMP, I use this program to convert my .wav files into mp3's and I never get any fuzzy noise. It lets you convert them into different bitrates too. Its a pretty handy program, try it out at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/. You might need to download a codec though.

Damn thanks man! with a lil tweaking here and there, it worked PERFECTLY! thnx a lot, and thnx for all the replys ppl!

:)

-{bLaDe}

No problem. This program is the best out there of its type. I recommend it to anyone who ever wants to convert their music files to other ones. Or just to change the bitrate of their MP3's. This program supports almost every music file format, all you need to do is download the codec from the website.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back