Wats the diff between FX and GF4 Ti?

Originally posted by Sazar
the 5600U on the whole is not a bad card...

perhaps dx9 is not its forte but its not a bad card...

Then please tell me, what makes it a good card?

Edit: Also, what makes it better than the G4Ti?

Originally posted by Speed4Ever
Then please tell me, what makes it a good card?

Edit: Also, what makes it better than the G4Ti?

performance is on par with a gf4 ti highend card... what makes it better is the AA and AF performance as well as ability to execute effects not seen on gf4 ti cards...

the card can be had for around $170 which is a decent price for the performance...

would I recommend it over a 9600pro ? no... but it is not a bad card...

performance is on par with a gf4 ti highend card... what makes it better is the AA and AF performance as well as ability to execute effects not seen on gf4 ti cards...

the card can be had for around $170 which is a decent price for the performance...

would I recommend it over a 9600pro ? no... but it is not a bad card...

Its a rough question to answer. On DX7/8 games, your right--its on par...sometimes higher, sometimes lower :eek:

I still think its DX9 and PS & VS performance doesnt even make it worth playing those games on this card. Calling it DX9 capable is like my driving my car off a cliff, and claiming it can fly...

Yep, it executes effects the GF4 doesnt...stuck in molasses. So does my grandmas slide projector :rolleyes:

Yes it does appear to have somewhat better AA & AF than the GF4 (neither one was that cards strong suit), so that is a plus for the 5600. If your plan is to play yesterdays games, then either card is good for it. But for upcoming games, I have my doubts. The FX 5600 is stuck in yesterdayland, along with the 5200.

It just seems like almost a step backwards when comparing the timespan of one year between the FX and the GF4.

Basically, I'm miffed that there hasn't been much innovation from Nvidia since the GF3 days. The GF4 was simply a bumped up version of the former, while the FX was simply a marketing dept gone insane... :rolleyes:

I have a hard time recommending the FX series because of this. With the exception of slow AF performance, the GF4 did what it was hyped to do. The FX series is where the marketing drones went off the deep end.

Its a rough question to answer. On DX7/8 games, your right--its on par...sometimes higher, sometimes lower :eek:

I still think its DX9 and PS & VS performance doesnt even make it worth playing those games on this card. Calling it DX9 capable is like my driving my car off a cliff, and claiming it can fly...

Yep, it executes effects the GF4 doesnt...stuck in molasses. So does my grandmas slide projector :rolleyes:

Yes it does appear to have somewhat better AA & AF than the GF4 (neither one was that cards strong suit), so that is a plus for the 5600. If your plan is to play yesterdays games, then either card is good for it. But for upcoming games, I have my doubts. The FX 5600 is stuck in yesterdayland, along with the 5200.

It just seems like almost a step backwards when comparing the timespan of one year between the FX and the GF4.

Basically, I'm miffed that there hasn't been much innovation from Nvidia since the GF3 days. The GF4 was simply a bumped up version of the former, while the FX was simply a marketing dept gone insane... :rolleyes:

I have a hard time recommending the FX series because of this. With the exception of slow AF performance, the GF4 did what it was hyped to do. The FX series is where the marketing drones went off the deep end.

the card will be fine using partial precision in dx9 situation...

performance hit will be less and IQ will be close enough...

compared to the gf4 lineup.. the high end cards are good... the nv31 in its second spin (rev 2.0) does offer a couple of nice features over the nv2x lineup... it is unfortunate the asic design was not better... but still.. it does offer a decent purchase... had it not been for the 9600pro that is :)

the card will be fine using partial precision in dx9 situation...

performance hit will be less and IQ will be close enough...

compared to the gf4 lineup.. the high end cards are good... the nv31 in its second spin (rev 2.0) does offer a couple of nice features over the nv2x lineup... it is unfortunate the asic design was not better... but still.. it does offer a decent purchase... had it not been for the 9600pro that is :)

The high-end cards are better? For 400-500 USD, they sure as hell better.

But the ultimate question is, are they worth the money?

One thought comes to mind....

You cant shine a turd.

The high-end cards are better? For 400-500 USD, they sure as hell better.

But the ultimate question is, are they worth the money?

One thought comes to mind....

You cant shine a turd.

I would advise you to go through the graphics forum... view threads posted over the past 3-4 months by me and make up your mind on what my views are on this topic...

I can't be bothered to repeat myself :) too many things said...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back