Water/Refridge. Case Cooling ?s

ntentz

FingerBanger
Hey i am looking to set up much better cooling, I was thinking H20 but i will only get to ambient that way, unless i cool the water. I like the idea of refrigeration anyone got any good links to learn about this, like whats needed and the how to kinda things? And i know water can cool shipsets and video can, I can do the same with gas correct? ty in advance.

Ive got a H20 setup myself and have looked into water chilling, unfortunately the answer is there is no cheap and easy method method to do this. The next best option would be to use a peltier along with your H20 setup. The peltiers themselves are quite cheap but you need a dedicated psu at around £100 and alot of condensation proofing is required (dialetric grease, conformal coating, neoprene foam) otherwise youll end up with a fried mobo and components.

Ya i have read up on some of it havnt seen anything in depth enough that i could do it myself yet, but i know some people im sure I could get it together I looked at some prebuilt chilled cases and there ugly and expensive that doesnt work for me. Im goin to be doing something soon just not sure what.....Im in the attic and its gts hot up here.

Vapochill and Prometheus?? I think are phase-change refrigeration rigs.

They arent cheap, but they OC 3 Ghz P4 to 4 Ghz and keep the CPU around 5 degrees !!

About $700.00 for the setup, Hellfire computers comewith the Vapochill setup, those computers are in the pricerange of Falcon Northwest Mach V, and Voodoopc type stuff.....

Good Luck, as I am in the market too, this setup I have sounds like a 747 @ takeoff !!

refridgeration is not a cheap, reliable, or even quiet solution. it involves a compressor. enough said.

a decent standard water-cooling setup would be cheaper, more reliable, and quieter. and if you do it right, it will do plenty to keep your cpu, video card, northbridge, and harddrives all cool. i'm going this route sometime in the future. i'll have a second pc for lanning/transporting, though.

Why do people with lame ass systems feel compelled to post their stats ?

Im not talking about anyone in here but in some of the other forum topics...

Or am I just being a jackass ?

Originally posted by cwalker2734
Why do people with lame ass systems feel compelled to post their stats ?

Im not talking about anyone in here but in some of the other forum topics...

Or am I just being a jackass ?
if you're talking about the signatures, it's not there for gloating purposes. :rolleyes: it's informational. so if you post saying "that video card sucks" and you look down and see it in their sig, you should probably take their words seriously. or if someone posts a question about a problem or issue, there won't be any "well, what are your specs?" needed. or if you see a peice of hardware in someone's signature that you're curious about, you can get their feedback on it.

think about it.

ahh

So basically your saying I was being an ass...lol

Youre right, I was a little "heated" when I wrote that.

Just had my 10,000th argument over which is better, Radeon 9800 Pro 256, or GeForce fx 5900 Ultra 256.

Man that was beating me down.

:confused:

I have looked at the phase changed setups, any that i have seen that come complete with case and all were ugly cases, if im gonna spend that kinda cash I at least have to like it lol. As for noise I could care less im in an attic with many fans to keep me cool so its like a windtunnel anyway, thats y i have a volume control lol. I was looking at server cases i may jsut buy one and do a water or phase change myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back