Water proof phones????

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political Access
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you know of ANY waterproof phones which will work with T-mobile... (Unlocked which accept a SIM)

I have lost FOUR motorola Razrs now by dropping them in the water...

Need help on this one, I have found no alternatives...

As always REPS+ to a valid answer...

Thanks!

Mike A!

Phones are mostly water resistant if you let them dry out on a radiator.

I've only ever seen one rugged phone and that was an ancient Ericsson before it became Sony Ericsson.

Edit: Ofcourse the easiest thing is to not drop them in water :D

I did a quick search, and came up with this...

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-5140i-en.shtml

Seems like an alright phone, probably better than a Razr... but thats not saying much. :) Question though... if you keep losing them because you drop them in the water, what good is a water proof going to do you? Are you able to find the phones you drop in the water?

Why not just put your phone in zip lock bag (waterproof type) if you are going to be around the water?

I did a quick search, and came up with this...

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-5140i-en.shtml

Seems like an alright phone, probably better than a Razr... but thats not saying much. :) Question though... if you keep losing them because you drop them in the water, what good is a water proof going to do you? Are you able to find the phones you drop in the water?

From the nokia article:
"Throwing it into a bucket with water means saying good bye to the phone voluntarily. Since the device is pseudoprotected, that means it is not for too active use in aggressive conditions."

Also yes, I am able to get the phone back I have three of the four destroyed phones, the other one is already at the dump...

Why not just put your phone in zip lock bag (waterproof type) if you are going to be around the water?

I thought about this too; however, I have a razr and it is just a pain in the but to have a phone which you will have to "open" inside of a plastic bag... I would just prefer to pay the money needed for a waterproof phone...

I found one but it is verizon only: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2034585,00.asp

EDIT: I also found an old LG phone canU 502S which I can not find for sale anywhere, being a few years old, I was hoping I could find one used... guess not...

Mike A!

Last edited:
Only waterproof phone I've heard of is [SIZE=-1]Casio's G'zOne but it's only thru Verizon[/SIZE]

I feel your pain. I lost my RAZR to water-dunking a couple months ago. The good news is that you can sell it for parts on eBay ... I got just over $20 for mine w/out the SIM card.

Don't you have access to the military grade motorola's, that are pretty much indestructible?

nokia's in general are pretty durable and will probably work fine as long as you dry them out completely before turning back on. not sure if they work with t-mobile, though.

Also yes, I am able to get the phone back I have three of the four destroyed phones, the other one is already at the dump...
please don't throw away cell phones and other electronics. they contain dangerous metals and should be recycled. :)

The problem with most phones that get dunked in the wet stuff is not the drying out process (as some have posted to be the cure and then bring back into service). But that most if not all of these phones get dunked while they are on. If an electrical item is on when it get wet, it's a brick. No matter how much drying time there is it will be either a total brick or brain dead (to certain degrees of deadness). Why no just call T-Mobile and ask if they have a waterproof phone or know of one that will work with their network?

Fujitsu is coming out with a waterproof one (or it is out already). The Fujitsu F703i

http://www.mobilewhack.com/fujitsu-f703i---worlds-thinnest-waterproof-phone/

I don't think it's gonna work with T-Mobile. It doesn't look like T-Mobile has anything that is remotely waterproof.

Last edited:
nokia's in general are pretty durable and will probably work fine as long as you dry them out completely before turning back on. not sure if they work with t-mobile, though.

please don't throw away cell phones and other electronics. they contain dangerous metals and should be recycled. :)

This is mostly true about batteries... most electronics should be recycled because of the precious metals not because of dangerous ones...

I was an electronics tech for 9 years in the US navy... I dont throw things away which would cause issues for our ecology...

Mike A!

Don't you have access to the military grade motorola's, that are pretty much indestructible?

I could if I wanted a work phone... but that means telling them I don't mind being on a recall for people who dont mind going to the base when a hurricane is coming... PLUS, we are not SUPPOSED to use our personal SIMS in them...

Think I will pass... :laugh:

Mike A!

Last edited:
Don't go fishing with a phone :)

How the hell do you have time to be messing around on a phone when you are near the water anyways?

:cool:

Don't go fishing with a phone :)

Ask my wife why I need to carry a cell phone with me... :rolleyes:

How the hell do you have time to be messing around on a phone when you are near the water anyways?

Again I wouldnt carry one with me, I would leave it in my car, the wife INSISTS I bring ti with me... I can't even hear the phone if it rings on my boat anyway... sheesh...

Oh well...

Mike A!

I say you tell the wife to send you smoke signals or a carrier pigeon if she REALLY wants to get in touch with you.

Either that or a good punch up the bracket :smoker:

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you know of ANY waterproof phones which will work with T-mobile... (Unlocked which accept a SIM)

I have lost FOUR motorola Razrs now by dropping them in the water...

Need help on this one, I have found no alternatives...

As always REPS+ to a valid answer...

Thanks!

Mike A!
Several mobile phones are water resistent. Nokia 5210 is a water proof mobile phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back