Water cooling question

ming

OSNN Advanced
How much electricity (in Watts) does a water cooling system usually consume?
I might get one for my next machine if it doesn't use too much electricity.

200W? Might be better option to go for peltier cooling at this rate. lol :p

that is peltier. here are the specs. they are for intel, but the spcs should be the same regardless.

Home > Water Cooling > Water Blocks > View Entire Selection > Swiftech MCW5000-PT P4 socket 478 Liquid Cooled
Thermoelectric Cooler

Swiftech MCW5000-PT P4 socket 478 Liquid Cooled
Thermoelectric Cooler

Introduction...

The MCW5000-PT™ is a fully assembled liquid-cooled thermoelectric (Peltier) solution, specifically designed for Intel® Pentium® 4 (socket 478) microprocessors.

This unit is intended for advanced users, in extreme applications, and requires appropriate insulation to prevent the formation of condensation in sensitive areas of the motherboard. Whereas Swiftech provides gaskets, and specific installation instructions for such assembly, utilization of this device is at the sole risk of the user.

Features...

226Watts 25A at 12V thermoelectric module
1/2" OD tubing for optimal flow rate
Patent pending Diamond-Pin Matrix© copper base plate for optimal heat transfer, and turbulent flow:
Outperforms all previously released Swiftech water-blocks!
Tool-free quick-connect fittings built into the block
Convenient 45° orientation of inlet, and outlet helps eliminate kinks in the tubing installation.
Requires removal of Intel® Pentium® 4 stock retention frame
Specifications...

Performance Chart

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Thermolectric Module Characteristics

Couples U max I max DT max Q max LxWxH (mm) R(?)
127 15.2 VDC 24 A >67 ° C 226.1 W 50 × 50 × 3.10 0.48

Power Supply Requirements:
Auxiliary power supply:
The TEC module is provided with "bare wires" to facilitate installation with screw type terminals.
We recommend the "Meanwell S320-12" power supply, rated for 25A at 12 Volts.

Minimum requirements for a dedicated power supply: 25A at +12 volts.
If adjustable voltage is available: setting the voltage higher than +12V is not recommended. Lower voltage, can be safely used, down to 9 volts.

Components Specifications... CLICK TO ENLARGE
Housing:
CNC machined aluminum L2.5"xW2.5"xH1.5"
Type II, class 2 blue anodized anti-corrosion treatment
Built-in quick-connect fittings for 1/2" OD tubing (3/8" ID)

Base Plate:
0.500" (12.7mm) thick CNC machined copper base plate
Submersed face (0.250"/6.35mm) is CNC machined from billet to form Patent Pending Diamond-Pin Matrix©. Design increases heat dissipation surface, and flow turbulence to enhance heat transfer to cooling fluid.
Outer face is lapped flat to 3/10 of 1/1000", and mirror polished.

Cold Plate:
0.500" (12.7mm) thick CNC machined copper base plate.
Lapped flat to 3/10 of 1/1000", and mirror polished.

Assembly...
Overall dimensions including retention frame: L3.3" x W2.7" x H2.3" (L83.8 x W68.6 x H58.4 mm) - This fits inside of Intel® socket 478 no components zone.

Retention mechanism:
Intel® Pentium® 4 processors (socket 478): stainless steel frame, 4 spring loaded assemblies, motherboard retention hardware
Tubing compatibility: 1/2" OD (3/8" ID), tube inserts included for use with soft vinyl tubing.

err? who said anything about peltier cooling? surely the water pump uses less power than a peltier cooler.

Yeah the peltier probably uses most of those 200W. :) Don't know how much a pump uses, but since it's usually not connected to the PSU, it doesn't really matter.

Around 20W out of the wall socket. They also use a fan to push air across the radiator coils in most cases.

Wow, found this when checking power. Cheapest I've seen yet: $67 USD
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=FAN-GWWA01&c=fr

Bad news is it uses the computers power supply and is sealed so you can't run the hoses out of the case.

LeeJend said:
Around 20W out of the wall socket. They also use a fan to push air across the radiator coils in most cases.

Wow, found this when checking power. Cheapest I've seen yet: $67 USD
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=FAN-GWWA01&c=fr

Bad news is it uses the computers power supply and is sealed so you can't run the hoses out of the case.
That looks like a green bogey! :D
20W is what I like to hear. :) I've seen a Thermaltake Aquarius II or whatever it's called. It's external and big I have to say. Would prefer something smaller or internal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back