Water Cooling question

M

Mr Dead

Decided to give my pc a bit of a revamp. Ive ordered a nice new aluminium case + 550W psu and some active memory cooloers. I am about to order a DangerDen water cooling kit to get some serious speed out of my unlocked XP2100. My question is is it worth getting -

a) The chipset cooling addon, I have an Abit KX7333-R and it has a fan on it. Does it get that hot?

b)The Gforce4 addon. I have a Leadteck TI4200 and it has quite a lump of gpu and mem cooler already on it?

nice board. if you're going to overclock using the frontside bus, then i would certainly invest in the northbridge waterblock. it will keep it a lot cooler and you'll be able to get more out of it. lord knows that board can oc like crazy.

plus those little fans have a habit of dying (i've gone through 2, now i just leave it off) and getting rid of it can make the system a little quieter.

the gpu waterblock is up to you. if you're trying to save money, then i probably wouldn't get it. leadtek is a decent brand and their cooling solutions is pretty good on those cards. if i were you, i'd just remove the heatsink, clean it and the gpu, and reapply some as3 to make sure it's as efficient as possible. it's a 4200 so if you already have the core at or near 300, that's probably about as high as it goes.

but you have the money to spend, go for it! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back