watching videos in winxppro

D

DAZZ

i just reinstalled xp pro, and now whewnever i try to play a video of any type, my computer just 'freezes' for like 5 minutes untill finally the video plays, this never happened b4 i reinstalled xp pro

i need help!!

and do you have all codecs needed installed correctly?

what do u mean, i installed the latest driver for my graphics card, 40

this is the one i had before i uninstalled xp

i dont know what else i could install to make it work

i also installed the 'codecs' right and stuff

help!

first of all you need to go here http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and get all the patches and stuff that it tells you that you need. that will take a while.

Now it may happen that you religiously download all of the patches (like I did) and you still have the same problem. I start playing a video or open several IE windows with different pages and all of the sudden everything freezes or suddenly all of the IE windows crash. I have SP1 installed and everything....

but maybe you get lucky.....let us all know!

i have a *cough* *cough* corporate cd-key

so i dont think i can sp1, i already bought xp-pro for my NEw computer and i dont want to pay another 400$ for somthin i already have bought

Please clean it up here. To much *cough* and winking going on. Get back on topic

hmm, installed SP1 from microsoft, and it works, heh, wierd

so i downloaded everything from windowsupdate.com and STILL my problem still goes on

any other ideas??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back